Mechanical Engineer- Chassis
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Utilize demonstrated engineering and develop projects within an area of assignment
- Develop engineering and component design documentation
- Complete work requirements to Corporate Standards
- Propose the proper methods of design required to complete any new assignment
- Assure compliance with all applicable regulations relating to his/her area of responsibility
- Apply Quality Tools during the design phase and release process
- Ensure QDCF targets are met
- Utilize theoretical knowledge in kinematics, vibrations and durability to develop chassis systems
- Generates technical solutions for current, new and major programs
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with internal customers, engineering departments, suppliers
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required MSME or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ of experience
- Knowledgeable in metals/materials and their application
- Understanding of manufacturing processes & an understanding of the needs of vehicle service
- Proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communications with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Ability to work in global environment with challenging workload
- Experience in a major CAD system (Creo Parametric)
- Working knowledge of using PDM systems
- Experience with managing large assemblies
- Creo/Pro-E/Pro-Engineer, Geometrical Architect, Vehicle Packaging, Vehicle Dynamics, Engine Installation, Axles, Suspensions, Chassis, GD&T, Large CAD Assemblies
The Location: This opportunity is based in Greensboro, NC.