Embedded Software Engineer
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Breaks down requirements of electrical system into component level & writes detailed component level software specifications
- Writes component level Hardware (electrical & mechanical) requirements or specifications which includes but not limited to microcontroller, Stepper Motor, LCD specifications, CAN & LIN, I/Os, Voltage and Power, Pining & Connectors, PCB, EMI/EMC, Styling, Packaging, Chemical/Thermal & vibration aspects.
- Interprets & Implements automotive standards, guidelines & legal regulations impacting the Information presented to the drivers of commercial vehicles in the North American market (ISO 2575, OBD-II, NHTSA, FMVSS, FMCSA, US-EPA, ISO26262, Lead free etc.).
- Takes part in supplier requirement, design and test reviews, for hardware, software &Performs bench/smoke tests for the prototype delivery from supplier and hands it over to component/system/truck testing teams.
- Works with field and warranty claims regarding tools, processes and methods (Example: SPC, RCA, 8D, A3, Fishbone etc.,) used by service functions.
- Uses quality tools and implements the resulting actions into component development plan – Screening, Risk analysis, S/D/P FMEAs, DFAM, DFA, Dependability/Criticality analysis.
- Responsible for releasing the component (Hardware & Software) into Volvo PDM system by creating & structuring part numbers correctly across truck variants. Also responsible for developing and maintaining component roadmaps with part number details for the life time of the components. Projects & Process
- Works with purchasing buyers to get involved with supplier selection & development
- Plans, monitors and controls all lowest level milestones for the component development (Including making project and product cost estimations, time plans) from concept phase to start of serial production.
- Functionally reports to electrical project manager or Engineering task leaders during the project phase. Highlights risks and support needed and escalations to the project steering committee ahead of time and follows up all the identified actions for closure.
- Directly reports to Group manager & supports electrical management team with component level impacts by providing cost & time estimations and also suggest alternative solutions if any, during analysis of new projects or new feature introductions.
- Adheres to configuration management guidelines
- Works in a multisite, multi-cultural, multifunctional team environment across different geographies as and when necessary.
- Adheres to product development processes as mandated within the organization and maintains adequate documents for all related work products
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science in Electrical and/or electronics required; specialization in embedded systems is a plus
- 8 years of overall experience with at least 5 years focusing on automotive electronics development
- Experience developing instrument clusters/infotainment systems in the capacity of component owner
- Software development (HMI, C/C++) experience is a plus
- Experience working in an agile environment with shorter development cycles/SPRINTS is a plus
The Location: This opportunity is based in Greensboro, NC.