Mechanical Engineer – Body Structures
XDIN subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
At XDIN, we are always looking for world-class talent to lead our global teams through commitment and dedication to our OEM and Tier I clients. We believe in quality support from concept through production, and delivering the best customer experience while at the same time attaining a great place to work!
- Competitive wages, BOE.
- Major health, dental insurance benefits and vision savings plan. 401k, and basic life.
- Supplemental benefits such as short-term disability, accident, cancer and life insurance.
- Paid company holidays and earned time off.
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
- Design and develop weight-efficient BIW structural designs to deliver the highest level of performance in NVH, durability and crash performance
- Perform detailed analysis of sections properties, materials, and manufacturing processes through benchmarking
- Interact with the design studio and the styling surface to assess feasibility for a world-class vehicle body structure
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as CAE by interpreting and using analysis results to guide and evolve the design
- Work with manufacturing to ensure efficient process sequence and build quality
- Conduct physical tests on the design to meet performance targets
- Coordinates and communicates with interfacing Suppliers
- Effectively provide direction to others and negotiate a balanced solution
- Work with internal customers, Manufacturing, Design and Product development, as well as the Supply Base, on items such as tool buy-offs and secondary component changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Expertise in vehicle closure systems design
- MUST HAVE - Experience with CATIA v5 or v6
- Solid track record of successful system level integration
- Experience working with Class A surface data
- Experience with castings, the extrusion process, stampings, and their advantages and limitations
- Working knowledge of Aluminum and Magnesium structure joining techniques
- Proof of excellence in your past position, while demonstrating profound creativity in resolving mechanical design problems
- Experience in full life cycle, from concept to prototype to full production
The Location: This opportunity is based in San Francisco, CA