Professional Pet Groomer wanted to join our amazing team at Your Pets Wellness- Logan Square!
- Must be comfortable working with pets of all temperaments
- Experience with dog and cat grooming
- Know various cuts, trims, and styles for all breeds, canine and feline
- Ability to time manage
- Ability to sit, squat, bend, walk quickly, and stand for 6+ hours at a time, walk up and down several flights of stairs many times an hour, be able to lift, pull, restrain, or push 50lbs of weight, reach above head
- Good working knowledge of computers and be able to learn our database software. Experience with Ezyvet (our operating software) is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills, maintaining positive eye contact and proper vocabulary, and must have a caring, compassionate commitment to protecting, advocating, and serving pets and their owners
- Excellent observational/communication skills in pointing out issues with guests
- Bathing, brushing, clipping, and the proper care and inspection of dogs and cats
- Toe Nail Trims, perianal gland expression, teeth brushing, restraining
- Excellent customer service, with training in reception and appointment scheduling on our operating system
- Be a team player, and be willing to learn and assist others in daily duties, teach and educate other staff members of departments expectations
- Maintain cleanliness of grooming areas at all times. Including but not limited to sweeping, mopping and removal of the trash.
- Great attitude to fit our fun, professional culture!
We believe that grooming plays a critical role in a pet's health and the human-animal bond. Our groomers take pride in not only their outstanding skills and compassion but also their client communication and customer service.