Barn Attendant - Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital
Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital is looking for one Part-Time Weekend Barn Attendant to join our Equine team!
Friday 6AM - 5PM
Saturday 7AM - 4PM
Sunday 7AM - 4PM
Barn attendants are responsible for maintaining cleanliness throughout the large animal hospital.
- Charting patient waste production.
- Feeding and watering hospitalized patients as well as boarders.
- Removing soiled bedding from stalls and keeping walls clean.
- Keeping all hospital areas swept and debris free.
- Disinfecting stalls between horses.
- Perform isolation cleaning and disinfection.
- Restocking of certain areas.
- Occasional restraint of patients.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of general sanitation principles.
- Equine and large animal handling experience is mandatory.
- Willing to learn new skills and work as directed with some supervision.
- Often requires lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of walking and/or standing for long periods.
- May be required to use strength and/or agility in walking and restraining stronger, more active animals.
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply for this wonderful opportunity. We are an equal opportunity employer, with many opportunities for growth and development for each employee.
If you are passionate about horses and large animals and providing exemplary veterinary care, we want you to join our team!
Apply Today! We look forward to hearing from you!