Veterinary Technician Assistant (Overnights) - Heart of Texas
Heart of Texas Specialty & Emergency Center is now hiring a full-time Overnight Veterinary Technician Assistant to join their INCREDIBLE team!
The ideal candidate:
- experience working in a veterinary hospital
- hard working and passionate
- works well on a team as well as independently
- strong communication skills
The Veterinary Technician Assistant’s role in this practice is to promote a friendly and professional environment where emphasis is placed on hospital cleanliness, teamwork and patient care. The Technician Assistant is instrumental in maintaining facility cleanliness, along with support and assistance for doctors and veterinary technicians. This position is demanding, rewarding, and often times stressful.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Prior experience working in a veterinary hospital is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be a team player.
- Capable of being able to work independently, along with being self motivated.
- Ability to maintain a positive work environment.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining hospital cleanliness and organization. This includes but is not limited to: laundry, washing dishes, sweeping; mopping, stocking, receiving inventory, cleaning patient kennels, runs, or cages.
- Communicating effectively with DVMs, technicians and CSRs.
- Assisting with patient care when needed.
- Effective, safe, and humane handling of all patients.
- Capable of multitasking
We offer an amazing benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life and 401k as well as a pet benefits package!
If you are passionate about pets and providing exemplary customer service we want you to join our team!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!