Veterinary Assistant - Veterinary Cancer Group LA
Veterinary Assistant wanted to join the AMAZING team at Veterinary Cancer Group Los Angeles
The right candidate has the ability to multi-task with a smile. Confidence and composure are essential as this job is very high paced. Exceptional patient care, customer service skills and multitasking capabilities are required.
Our Veterinary Assistant care for every patient as if they are their own pet and each client as if they are their family member. They guide clients through their pet's appointment, facilitate a consistent and quality visit each time, organize/track patient diagnostics, coordinate patient care, dispense treatments and medications, and communicate with clients, referring veterinarians and pharmacies about appointments, medical concerns, patient updates, referrals, and prescriptions.
- Minimum one-year experience in a veterinary assistant role
- Experience in a medical setting preferred; veterinary is ideal
- Possess professional, friendly and courteous demeanor always
- Must be able to multi-task and think fast
- Must show an elevated level of customer service in stressful situations
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently in a clear and audible voice
- Must be comfortable working with computers
- Open to having a flexible schedule, working four 10-hour shifts. Weekends needed.
Additional Preferred Job Specifications for Veterinary Assistant:
- Familiarity with standard medical abbreviations
- Ability to use proper medical terminology when speaking and writing
- Adept at prioritizing tasks given from multiple sources
- troubleshoot computer, phone, and equipment device problems
Making a Difference
Interest in our organization means you already have a love of animals and, more importantly, their family members. To care for an animal when they are well is a wonderful feeling, but to care for an animal when they are sick takes on a whole new meaning. Ours is a team of light-hearted animal lovers just like you! The relationship we have with our team, clients, and patients is a special bond that is incredibly rewarding. Patient care is our #1 priority, so we use modern technology to offer clear, concise, fast results while still taking pride in our clean, comfortable and beautiful facility.
We invest heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness. We offer wonderful benefit packages including medical, vision and dental insurance, plus a 100% paid life insurance policy for you too! PTO with no “use it or lose it clause”, internal and external continuing education, bonuses, dynamic pet care discounts, 401K, and much, much, more!
If you are passionate about pets and providing exemplary customer service, we want you to join our team!