Dog Trainer- Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort
Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort is now hiring a Full Time Dog Trainer to join their AMAZING team!
- works well on a team
- has a strong knowledge base of training techniques
- has knowledge of top positive dog trainers like Dr. Ian Dunbar, Pat Miller, Karen Pryor, Paul Owens, Patricia McConnell
- has excellent people and social skills
- possesses strong communication skills
- is open minded and loves collaborating as a team to help dogs and owners
The Training Department consists of a dynamic team with a diverse background in:
- Positive Reinforcement Training
- Traditional AKC Training
- Balanced Training
- Behavior Modification
- Basic Obedience
- Puppy Kindergarten Programs
- Agility Training
- Service Dog Training
We at Dr. Boyd's believe that every dog and family are unique and that dog training isn't a one size fits all process. The vision for our Training Department is to cater and customize to each dog and their owner in a way that no other training facility does.
Job Skills/ Requirements
- required to learn the flow of the resort and work as a part time handler/Playtime Cycle Coordinator
- ability to sit, squat, bend, walk quickly, and stand for 6+ hours at a time; walk up and down several flights of stairs many times an hour; be able to lift, pull, restrain, or push 50lbs of weight; and reach above the head
- working knowledge of computers and the ability to learn our database software.
- experience with AVImark is a PLUS!
- excellent customer service skills
- able to maintain positive eye contact and proper vocabulary
- must have a caring, compassionate commitment to protecting, advocating, and serving pets and their owners
- excellent observation/communication skills in pointing out issues with guests
Why work at Dr. Boyd's Veterinary Resort?
Dr. Boyd's Pet Resort and Veterinary Center prides itself on its strong culture. Not only does Dr. Boyd's separate itself through its philosophies and systems, it separates itself by having a strong team and culture. Attitude and gossip are not tolerated. We have found that a nice, happy, safe workplace, translates into the highest level of care and service for our clients, patients, and guests.
We promote an emotionally intelligent work environment and a positive work/life balance. We invest heavily in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development! We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid time off, continuing education, generous pet discounts and much more!
Apply today! We look forward to meeting you!