Veterinary Technician Assistant (Emergency)- Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital
$1500 SIGN ON BONUS!
Pilchuck Animal Hospital is hiring an Experienced Veterinary Assistant to join our Small Animal Emergency team!
We are looking for an experienced Veterinary Assistant with exceptional personality and communication skills to join our Small Animal ER team at Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital. This is a full-time position and qualifies for shift differential, plus a substantial signing bonus.
Ideal Candidate has:
- exceptional personality
- excellent communication skills
- 1-2 years recent veterinary experience
- flexible schedule and able to work holidays.
Licensed Veterinary Technicians preferred, but not required.
Why work at Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital?
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals? Then Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital is the place for you!
We are a 24-hour general and emergency service small animal practice in Snohomish, WA. Our general practice nurses are responsible for the care and treatment of a wide variety of patients from the healthy spay to the critically ill patient.
We invest heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness. We offer a wonderful benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Health Benefits
- Vision and Dental insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Pet Insurance discount
- Generous Veterinary pet benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings
- Continuing education
Our assistants are responsible for the care and treatment of unstable and or critically ill patients, triaging emergency patients, monitoring hospitalized patients, performing patient laboratory tests, treatments and nursing care, admitting and discharging patients, client communication and education.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic veterinary practices, procedures, and terminology
- Ability to appropriately handle, lift and restrain animals (dogs, cats, pocket pets, etc.) and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform veterinary medical procedures (i.e. venipuncture, radiology, drug calculations, administer medications & fluids, and assess & triage patients).
- Have basic organizational and computer skills as well as good technician skills.
- Must have recent experience in veterinary practice
- Must have the ability to eventually become licensed as a Veterinary Medication Clerk
- Must be willing to work some weekends and holidays.
Passionate about pets and providing exemplary veterinary care, Join our team!
Apply Today! We look forward to hearing from you!