Emergency Veterinary Technician (Overnight Shift) - Heart of Texas Specialty and Emergency Center
$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!
Relocation Stipend too!
Heart of Texas Specialty & Emergency Center is now hiring an Emergency Veterinary Technician to join our INCREDIBLE overnight team!
The ideal candidate:
- 3 or more years recent experience
- has strong communication skills
- works well on a team
- has a flexible schedule
The Emergency Veterinary Technician performs a variety of animal health and client duties in order to provide quality care.
The Emergency Veterinary Technician should be proficient in inpatient and outpatient duties, have a working knowledge of emergency, surgical and laboratory techniques and remain calm during stressful situations. A keen ability to empathize, prioritize, multitask, and manage time is a must. Emergency Technicians must also possess excellent communication skills both with coworkers and clients. Overnight shifts available.
- At least 3 years recent experience in veterinary practice environment with increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to perform routine veterinary medical procedures (e.g. place IV catheters, intubate, phlebotomy, collect samples, knowledge and use of routine veterinary equipment and administer injections) as well as properly restrain patients.
- Ability to calculate fluid rates, drug dosages, and CRIs.
- Demonstrates the ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion while maintaining a commitment to outstanding client service.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Veterinary Technician license is preferred.
If you are passionate about providing exceptional vet care and customer service we want you to join our team!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!