Licensed Veterinary Technician- Petcare Hospital & Wellness Center
$1,500.00 Sign-on Bonus!!
Petcare Hospital & Wellness Center is now hiring a Full Time Licensed Veterinary Technician to join their AMAZING team!
The ideal candidate:
- has strong communication skills
- works well on a team
- possesses an ability to remain calm and respond quickly to crisis
- has at least one year of experience as an Licensed Veterinary Technician
- has high standards for patient care
The primary responsibilities as a Licensed Veterinary Technician include:
- Patient visits:
- Check-in clients and patients in a friendly manner
- Perform physical exams according to procedure manual
- Review flea treatment options and fill prescription needs
- Prepare necessary vaccinations, equipment and labs for Veterinarian and complete necessary paperwork
- Provide client education regarding nutrition, parasite control, vaccination protocols, spaying and neutering of pets.
- Enter any charges into IntraVet
- Prepare estimates
- Counsel clients regarding homecare and medication administration
- Assist Veterinarian
- Perform routine laboratory analysis including; hematology, serology, blood chemistry, urinalysis and fecals
- Perform routine dental cleanings
- Administer oral drugs, colonic irrigation, wound dressing and fluid therapy
- Perform emergency procedures including; control bleeding, administer parenteral fluids and pharmacological agents under veterinary supervision, resuscitate with oxygen; establish open airway incubation; perform external cardiac massage; apply temporary bandage or splints; provide external supportive treatment of wounds; burns and heat prostration
- Fill prescription requests
- Assist veterinarian with surgeries; see surgical technician duties for further details.
- Take radiographs and send out for diagnostics
- Maintenance of Treatment Area & Work Areas
- To check opening and closing list duties as necessary
- Cleaning of exam rooms between each client
- Cleaning surgery suite, laundry area, staff restrooms
- Restocking supplies as necessary
If you are passionate about pets and providing the best care possible for pets, we want you to join our team!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!