QUALITY SYSTEMS ANALYST
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
This position announcement is for a Quality Systems Analyst who is primarily responsible for building analytic tools using QlikView (or similar technology) for the Quality Assurance department. The position will work with a wide range of functional teams (Quality Assurance, Operations, R&D, IT, Finance, and Sales) utilizing many different data types/sources. The position will also provide business support and training to ensure full knowledge transfer to the end users. Other responsibilities may include related quality systems testing and master data management.
- Must be passionate, motivated, willing to learn, and have an enthusiastic work attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills among all levels of the organization.
- Analytical thinker with an organized & procedural approach to process improvement.
- Strong understanding of data management and applications within SAP and other IT environments.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Ability to frequently re-prioritize and effectively work on multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Active team player who can take direction but also has a willingness to voice ideas.
- Ability to understand the relationships and needs of all functional areas of the business.
- Ability to command a room and foster productive cross-functional discussions.
- Basic knowledge of quality assurance and regulatory compliance in the food industry.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the poultry industry.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to clearly define business requirements.
- Identify business opportunities and offer reporting tools to assist in better decision making.
- Manage analytics initiatives with documented plans and clearly communicate progress.
- Develop and/or augment dashboards and reports using QlikView.
- Deliver work that meets high standards of quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Build training documentation and train users in different environments (classroom, web meetings, etc).
- Provide end users with basic technical support and troubleshooting.
- Monitor the Helpdesk ensuring timely technical support and/or master data modifications.
- Assist in the development of the Quality Assurance department’s long-term technology roadmap.
- Maintain detailed documentation of system architecture and data structures.
- Test related quality systems for accurate and effective design and setup.
This position will require up to 25% travel. This translates into approximately 13 weeks per year primarily related to user training, business research, and formal IT training.
Bachelor’s degree preferred - Business, Computer Science, Quality Assurance or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
1-2 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent education.
Some level of IT background is preferred.