Job Title: Buyer
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
The Buyer will report to Director of Purchasing with a dotted line to the plant accounting manager and will be responsible for optimizing the supply chain purchasing of all packaging, ingredients, services, supplies, and MRO parts. Handles all administrative tasks surrounding purchasing of materials mentioned above. Buyer will work with facility managers and supervisors to ensure timely delivery of materials to facilities. Buyer will work with suppliers to ensure timely, full delivery of orders. Buyers will work with R&D to source new material and ingredients.
- Ensures delivery of requested materials from Plumrose schedulers, planners, and requisitioner’s
- Ensures Prompt input of purchase orders and changes to purchase orders
- Confirm all Purchase order in SAP within 48 hours
- Ensures optimization of SAP to improve purchase process and accurate financial record documentation
- Develop positive relationships with supplier and keep in close contact regarding orders, market conditions, and trends
- Work with JBS Global Procurement team on projects and cost savings programs
- Assist in any
- Ensure timely resolution of plant-initiated claims with suppliers.
- Identify chronic quality issues and trigger problem-solving.
- Works with Finance team to resolve block invoice issue’s
- Recommends to Director of Purchasing - optimal supply chain for back-end of overall supply chain system including, but not limited to optimal mix of suppliers for all packaging, ingredients, and supplies.
- Work with Plant manager and Plant accounting manager to reduce inventory levels to improve FCF while maintaining plant efficiency
- Help process Requisitions at the plant level
- Process AP issues with SAP Workflow
- Works with plant management to improve overall
- Processes product claims with suppliers, brokers and plants to an agreeable resolution and reimbursement for issue dealing with packaging and ingredients
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years of supply chain experience in purchasing, sales, planning, logistics, or manufacturing with financial responsibility.
- Superior analytic capacity and problem solving skills
- SAP or other ERP system in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing company with broad knowledge of operations, distribution, sales
- Self-starter, driven individual focused on continuous improvement
- Skilled negotiator
- Excellent team oriented approach is critical
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior project management skills
- Knowledge of purchasing, selling, scheduling, and production planning of perishable food products desired.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead successful negotiations
- Demonstrated capacity to work with teams
- This position will interactions with the following stakeholder:
- Government agencies /USDA
- Freight, warehousing, suppliers.
- Suppliers, vendors, strategic partners
- Human Resources, Accounting, and Logistics
- Scheduling and Sales
- Category Managers
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Plant working environment.
- Food Manufacturing Operations environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers or on indeed.com.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.