CHICK DELIVERY DRIVER
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Summary of Opening:
The individual selected for this position will be responsible for driving a truck from the hatchery to and from various growers farms throughout the area delivering newly hatched chicks for grow out. This positions importance lies in the fact that this person must make sure chicks are delivered on a timely basis and are correctly placed in the grower's houses to help insure a good start. Successful applicants will also realize that they are representing Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation whenever they are driving a company vehicle, making sure to always follow the rules of the road.
Description of Duties/Qualifications:
- Must have successfully completed the probationary/trial period.
- Must have excellent attendance habits.
- Must have no other disciplinary write-ups within the past 90 days.
- Will load trucks at hatchery, deliver chicks to farms, return empty carriers to hatchery and wash chick carriers after return to hatchery. The nature of the position is very physical.
- Must be able to drive large trucks in all types of weather and have the ability to chain wheels, if needed.
- Must be able to lift/push 100+ lbs.
- Must have a valid CDL Class A license, a good driving record, a drug-free record and must pass a DOT physical.
- Vision correctable to 20/20.
- Must possess good decision making ability.
- As trucks are heated for chick transport, some mechanical abilities in this area would be preferred if repairs to the vehicle were needed while in transit.
- May also be required to do other Hatchery related jobs.
- Good work ethics and able to work as a team with other drivers and Hatchery employees.
- Able to work in hot and dusty environments.
- Normal work days Monday – Tuesday, Thursday –Friday – work any scheduled holidays. Sometimes we do work Saturdays if needed.
- Start times vary with seasons, normal start times are 5:30 to 7:30 am and finish work by 6:30 pm.