LIVE RECEIVING SUPERVISOR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of processing operations and personnel to meet established processing, quality control and animal welfare standards.
- Ensures activities meet short-term goals established for processing continuity and balance such as creating shift schedules, ordering materials, machine loading, grievance resolution, and equipment maintenance.
- Works with other plant function areas as needed to ensure support in attaining output, productivity, and quality.
- Schedules, trains, and motivates processing labor force to ensure consistent attainment of processing schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels. Interviews and recommends individuals for open positions.
- Recommends improvements in processing flow or methods.
- Uses operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and to improve product quality.
- Notifies management personnel of machines and/or equipment that could be modified to improve processing and quality of products.
Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience in a supervisory position. Bilingual a plus.
High School Diploma/GED; Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.