Product Developer: Value Added-Ready Meal Category
- Commercialize products from ideation to launch by working closely with Commercial Category Manager.
- Identify, evaluate and coordinate with producers, co-packing companies and our internal Category Management and Marketing teams to facilitate product development and support commercialization of the products.
- Build effective relationships with the vendor community.
- Maintain advanced technical and business level understanding of the competitive environment, emerging technology and strategic direction of the Wild Fork business to help identify gaps or opportunities to improve product portfolio.
- Use technical expertise, assortment analysis and innovative thinking to develop products that are differentiated by way of claims, nutritionals and profitability.
- Contribute to the definition of brand standards in regards to ingredient, nutritional and product attributes.
- Based on consumer feedback, identify and implement innovative modifications of ingredients, formulations, packaging and processes to achieve business goals of launching new products or improving existing product portfolio.
- Assist in developing process specifications in order to provide guidance and expectations to vendor partners.
- 3+ years’ experience in product development of consumer packaged goods, retail or food service industry. Preferably experience working with ready to eat or fully cooked products
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in food science a plus
- Culinary experience a plus
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Must have a strong business acumen
- Must have a solid understanding of the core fundamentals of the culinary arts
- Love to Cook & Love to Eat with a passion for sharing expertise throughout organization
- Strong sensory evaluation and analysis skills
- Excellent knowledge of HACCP and other
- Must be able to work effectively and meet deadlines while working with minimal supervision
- Must possess intermediate to strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint