MAINTENANCE LEAD - AFTERNOONS
POSITION SUMMARY: Position is responsible for assisting the Reliability Manager in performing all duties and functions required for efficient operation of the Maintenance department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
· Assist in training and motivating maintenance employees to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance levels.
· Assists in the scheduling of staffing, materials, and equipment to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental resources to achieve Company and OSHA standards.
· Monitors department in order that company policies and procedures are followed to maintain standards for safety, quality, and overall company personnel satisfaction.
· Maintains quality standards through process monitoring and inspection.
· Cooperates with staff personnel to study and investigate areas such as quality improvement, cost reduction, method improvements, control of yields, product grading and equipment maintenance.
· Maintains records of shift operation and produces other reports pertaining to assigned tasks.
· Implements the preventative maintenance program.
· Installs new equipment,
· Repairs and maintains facility equipment and the physical structure of the facility.
· Communicates with Reliability Manager regarding maintenance and personnel issues.
· Weekend and overtime work frequently occurs and is required.
· Shift flexibility is necessary.
EXPECTATATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Knowledge of supervisory management practices and principles.
· Knowledge of poultry production operation and marked ability to analyze and respond to production problems.
· Excellent communcation skills – both oral and written.
· Behavior supports positive work environment. Examples: lead by example, friendly, and excellent communication skills both listening and speaking.
· Working knowledge of NH3 refrigeration principles and understanding of plant refrigeration system.
· Working knowledge of electricity.
· Ability to read and understand schematics
· Ability to arc and gas weld (overhead and bench).
· Considerable mechanical ability to analyze production machinery and their function and repair.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Applications will be accepted until: Thursday, November 21, 2019
Submit your application to: Rocky Lisowski, Human Resource Manager
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Disabled Encouraged to Apply
Pilgrim’s enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.