SAFETY & HEALTH SPECIALIST
This position will be responsible for providing guidance, direction and leadership to the site’s safety process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigate all near misses, first aid cases, recordables, lost day injuries, and vehicular accidents within 24 hours, as well as track closure on all recommendations.
- Spend time being visible in the processing plant and other site locations.
- Conduct periodic safety and health audits and track findings to ensure closure.
- Conduct authorized training for the following topics: Powered Industrial Trucks, Lockout Tagout, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space Entry, and other topics as assigned.
- Enter information into accident, training completion and corrective action databases accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide training support to the organization and ensure that all required monthly training is completed as scheduled.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least three years of directly related experience in an industrial environment
- Ability to accurately record and communicate safety incidences to complex management
- Must have a solid knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; SAP experience a plus
- Bi-lingual (english/spanish) strongly preferred
- Must be able to work varying shifts and weekends as needed
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree in related field of study