COMPLEX MANAGER IN TRAINING
COMPLEX MANAGER IN TRAINING - Job Description
At Pilgrim's, we are dedicated to providing wholesome, high-quality poultry products to families across the globe. Being a part of the family meal is a tremendous honor and one we take seriously as one of the largest poultry producers in the world. Our more than 54,000 talented team members are passionate about what we do and we invite you to join us on our journey to becoming the best!
Pilgrim’s is looking for leaders who are driven, ambitious, and have a passion for the poultry industry. Successful candidates will put people first, manage with our values and vision at the forefront, and achieve results. Individuals in this role are expected to meet organizational goals, achieve operational excellence, and build the best team. Complex Managers in Training, are coachable, communicate well, and have a deep understanding of the needs of their team. Leaders in this program work in diverse environments and perform various duties in order to further their knowledge about the organization.
- Live Operations Management, Plant Management or Operations Management in food manufacturing, poultry a plus
- Ensures that safety is a condition and is responsible for compliance with all safety directives.
- Develops the best team and invests in their growth.
- Ensures that product quality is adhered to at all times.
- Directs production and/or processing at a complex with multiple plants to maintain profitable operations.
- Sets production goals for plants. Motivates the team to achieve these goals.
- Responsible for associated facilities and live operations via oversight of department managers.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials and machines.
- Prepares budget and makes recommendations to top management. Maintains successful execution of the budget.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to productivity, labor efficiencies, and reducing plant costs. Invests in operational excellence.
The Complex Manager in Training will be expected to graduate from this program within 12 months. Upon graduation, the person/persons will be expected to take their qualified, upper management, position at a location based on needs of the business and skill set of the individuals.
- Strong commitment to maintaining a safe working environment and leading safety as a condition culture.
- Experience with leading teams to successfully accomplish objectives.
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operational management.
- Working knowledge of budgets, budget development, forecasting and metrics, and Key Performance Indicators.
- Ability to engage in multiple assignments concurrently and complete them error free.
- Desire for career advancement and growth within the organization, while maintaining commitment to the Vision and Values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a minimum of 5-8 years of operational management/leadership in a manufacturing environment/industry. MBA is a plus.
- High level of manufacturing experience and exposure in food preferably poultry!
- Willingness to relocate.
- Ability to work any hours as needed, flexible to work various shifts.