SENIOR QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER - Applied Research
Sr. Quality Assurance Manager – Applied Research
The Senior Quality Assurance Manager – Applied Research role is to support the Corporate FSQA and Live Technical Services Teams by improving Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (PPC) Food Safety programs through identification of applicable scientific solutions. This position works independently, with no direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Track scientific research and identify possible risks/opportunities related to Food Safety.
- Convert current challenges presented by senior management into strategic projects.
- Effectively manage project timelines and budgets while not losing site of the real ROI to the overall business.
- Provide timely project updates to senior leadership.
- Develop and implement data collection strategies.
- Extract and organize raw data from various internal and external data sources.
- Analyze and interpret data using statistical analysis software.
- Present analysis to decision makers and stakeholders by creating statistical reports and data visualizations.
- Construct and maintain research archives.
CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Travel approx. 50% of time, with overnight stays of 2-5 days.
- Must be able to work varying days (including occasional weekends) and shifts in order to meet deadlines and lead projects at the facilities.
- Lead both internal and external cross functional teams with varying levels of experience and expertise.
- Have strong communications skills and the ability to adjust based on audience
- Able to navigate in a live operations environment as well as a processing plant environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Scientific Field (i.e. Microbiology, Animal Science); or five (5) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Extensive training in Statistics
- Proficient in Statistical Software (i.e. Minitab, SAS)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be exposed to both an office environment and the production environment of wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the production environment is usually loud.