Intern - MedSims Multimedia
Job ID 2020-1960
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern - Multimedia - Support Durham Multimedia Team and Studio
Summer Internship - 6/1 - 8/7
- Studio set-up, breakdown, and overall organization
- Any production-related task during shoots including lighting, camera operation, audio recording and monitoring, teleprompter control, etc.
- Post-production audio and video editing
- Mixed reality development – both virtual reality and augmented reality
- VR / AR app development
- Researching new technologies
- Other projects as required
- Experience with a non-linear editing software – preferably Adobe Premiere Pro
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- A portfolio of creative work or developed projects in some form
Required (must be signified on resume):
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Media-focused or development major (communications, design, marketing, computer science, etc.)
- Camera experience – preferably manual settings operation
- Knowledgeable about virtual reality and augmented reality devices and uses
- Unity Game Engine development experience
- Development for mixed reality applications
- 360 video production experience
Will only consider candidates with an address on their resume that is within reasonable commuting distance to our office. Relocation/housing assistance is not available for this position.