Machine Operator (All Shifts)-Starting Pay at $19.52/hr.!
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and non-wovens are used in a diverse range of products, applications and industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We have an opportunity for a Machine Operator in our Advanced Materials and Structures business.
To efficiently and safely perform operation including set up, start up and effective use of line equipment, including auxiliary equipment, tooling changes, monitoring and testing, and production reporting. Maintain communication as necessary with Machine Operator A to ensure acceptable quality, efficiencies, and material utilization.
What You'll Do:
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product qualify, and efficient operations.
- Assist with line start-up and shutdown according to procedure.
- Assist with set-up styles, including necessary adjustments, by use of set-up sheets/guidelines
- Develop, monitor, and maintain input reports; check quality at start of shift and ensure qualify of all product throughout shift.
- Maintain a clean line, adhere to all plant safety, qualify, and attendance policies.
- Demonstrate leadership, team building, and dedication.
- Follow detailed procedures to operate moving machinery.
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Regular, punctual attendance
- Mechanical background preferred
- Basic computer skills - must be able to use computer for data collection
- Basic mathematical skills
- Read and comprehend English
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, squat, twist, reach, push, pull, & reach above shoulder height
- All applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen
Day Shift from 7:00AM until 7:00PM
Night shift from 7:00 PM until 7:00 AM.
Work only 15 days a month! Our employees on this schedule enjoy the benefits of a full-time position and enjoy work / life balance!
Week #1-Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday (48 hours)
Week #2- Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday (36 hours)
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive weekly pay starting at $19.52 / hr with the opportunity to advance very quickly to earn $23.36/ hr.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Paid-Time Off Benefits
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]