At SWM, we are focused on helping our customers succeed- it’s our mission and our passion.
We are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We are problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts.
Our employees share a passion for our products, customers, and the success of our organization. We generate the ideas, create the innovative solutions, manufacture the products, and deliver the services that have SWM a global leader for decades.
As we continue to expand, we have a need for a Sales Manager. This person will be remote and support our Sediment & Erosion Control business - manage sales activities for our OEM Erosion & Sediment Control customers in North America and act as the voice of the market/or the customer in an assigned, market segment or group of customers.
Our benefits will make you want to come grow with us!
At SWM, we offer a very competitive compensation package, health and wellness benefits, a “wow” worthy 401K program, tuition assistance and more!
Primary Responsibilities: Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Communicates with customers on needs and acts accordingly.
- Understands market and competitive dynamics, and monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- effectively communicates situation to internal stakeholders.
- Develops and implements sales plans to execute on segment sales goals.
- Prepares budget and forecasts sales details and assists in setting performance goals accordingly.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of new business opportunities.
- Reviews and understands cost profile of products and periodically reviews pricing.
- Directs product simplification and standardization to aid in cost savings and capacity increases.
- Assists in product research and development.
- Acts as liaison between sales department and other functions within SWM.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with 5-10 years sales or technical service experience in given market segment or with similar products (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- An understanding of industry trends.
- Analytical skills and business acumen.
- Technical product knowledge and a solid understanding of the Construction Industry or more specifically knowledge of the Sediment & Erosion Control market.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]