Why work for us?
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
What we can offer you:
- $3000.00 Sign-on Bonus!
- Day and Night Shifts Available
- Competitive rewards programs (401k matching, BRAVO rewards)
- Career advancement (The More you Learn the more you Earn)
- Tuition Reimbursement (We invest in your development)
- Work/life balance
What you will do:
We have openings (Day/Night shifts) for Operator positions at our Greenfield, MA location. This role will provide necessary support to the production teams, assist machine operators with assigned tasks, maintain materials and supplies, track inventories, and package finished products.
What you'll do:
- Operate a forklift truck to safely deliver materials to and from the factory
- Read work orders and/or follow oral instructions to determine materials to be mixed for each run
- Load /unload materials onto or from pallets, gaylords boxes, and shelves via forklift or by hand
- Load resins into blenders, grinders, dryers and hoppers by hand or vacuum system
- Maintain and prepare packaging supplies
- Package all finished products ensuring correct packaging material, labels and details, per customer specification
- Material handling and inventory control using barcode scanner
- Assist operators with stringing lines and taking rolls off machines
- Assist operators with roll data entry, roll changing, changing trim, mounting unwound rolls, cutovers and cleaning the systems
- Assist warehouse manager with monthly inventory
- Maintain confidentiality of information such as formulas, supplier names, materials, process conditions and set-up information
- Other relevant duties as assigned
Manufacturing Workers need to be able to:
- read a ruler and understand measurements in fractions and decimals
- read, write and comprehend instructions and correspondence
- communicate effectively with workers and supervisor
- add, subtract, divide and multiply with the aid of a calculator
- perform calculations that include but are not limited to fractions and decimals
- use a computer for basic data entry of production and materials in database
- work overtime if required to meet business demand
- Day shift hours - 6:45 a.m. to 7:05 p.m.
- Night shift hours - 6:45 p.m. to 7:05 a.m.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- Prior warehouse or manufacturing experience, preferred
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]