Maintenance Mechanic - Flexible 2nd Shift (M-F)/$1000.00 Sign On Bonus
We are Mativ Corporation!
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. Our company offers a wide range of critical components and highly engineered solutions to solve our customers' most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employesss worldwide (and growing), we manufacture across four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines ploymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers' products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innnovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
In this role, you are responsible for the repairs and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, pneumatic conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our dynamic team supporting the 2nd shift (M-F/flexible hours) at our great production location in Woodville, Wisconsin.
Recent technical school graduates strongly encouraged to apply!
Our leadership team is committed to your success!
- Follow all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation, listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble and may start devices to test their performance.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts and lubricates and cleans parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
Associates Degree from a college, university, or technical school; 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Rotary die cutting experience or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Recent post secondary graduates strongly encouraged to apply!
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer and basic math skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions
World Best In Class Benefits Which Include:
- Outstanding Medical, Dental & Vision multiple plan options available on your first day of employment.
- 100% Employer Paid Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, STD and LTD Disability
- 401K Plan with a generous match of up to 6%, Immediately vested and eligible for full company match.
- Lucrative Wellness Incentive Program
- Quarterly Bonus Plan
- 8 Paid Holidays, 2 personal holidays
- Up to 120 hours PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Support and Professional Development
- Great Opportunities for Career Growth World Wide
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]