Cloud Software Engineer (Full Stack)
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Cloud Software Engineer (Full Stack)
We are an inspirational cloud native team with a reputation for developing high quality and delightful user experiences with focus on tenant management. The team is entering an exciting new phase. We’ve just gone full stack! Our mandate has now expanded to developing high quality backend micro-services with a focus on authentication and auditing services supporting our SaaS platform for the Qlik Sense product suite. Up for a full stack challenge?
We work with modern JS, React and develop RESTful APIs using languages such as NodeJS and Go. Our micro-service architecture and modern development stack – Docker, Kubernetes, Grafana, Rollbar, Splunk – make for a pretty cool playground to develop and grow in. You excited?
We create and release small increments of value, with quality, multiple times per day and without drama. We are constantly evolving. Are you? We take pride in finding better ways to work and more ways to delight our users. We love data. No surprise!
At Qlik, we value Challenge, Moving Fast, Teamwork for Results, being Open and Straightforward and Taking Responsibility. You too? You’ll be joining a team committed to continuous improvement and be reporting to a manager invested in unlocking potential in you, your team and the community you belong to.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Join a large team of developers owning tenant management client and audit backend services in a multi-tenant SaaS solution supporting thousands of signups per month.
- Participate in all aspects of software engineering including designing, planning, coding, verifying, integrating, releasing, monitoring, supporting and maintaining.
- Collaborate with managers, architects, site reliability engineers, quality assurance verifiers, and security office specialists to advance the team roadmap.
- Review architectural proposals to ensure a sound solution that doesn’t compromise expansion, scale, performance and robustness.
- Utilize an Agile software engineering process to continuously deliver and deploy quality and feature improvements in a cloud environment
- Engage in sprint cycle around planning with estimation, daily scrum, demo and retrospective.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- Engineering with a solid track record of coding, designing and delivering products.
- Designing and coding JS, React, NodeJs and GoLang or equivalent RESTful API microservices using MongoDB or Redis.
- Developing solutions using containerization and Kubernetes.
- Architecting and building at scale with concepts like rate limiting, service level indicators, performance metrics, thread tracing.
- Effective in a highly collaborative and open team environment
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
- Passionate full stack developer
- Experienced with developing cloud services
- Prioritizes elegance and simplicity when writing code
- Initiative taker and serious about continuous learning
- Ability to create valuable relationships and partnerships
Sweden - Lund, Gothenburg or Stockholm (please state in your application which location is of interest to you).
If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik - Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward.
- Competitive Benefits Package - private health insurance, discounted gym memberships, subsidized on-site massage, subsidized group leisure activities, wellness grant, company enhanced parental leave, generous vacation days, Employee Assistance Program…and more.
- Breakfast/fresh fruit/monthly fika and a restaurant with our own chefs (variety of subsidized lunches).
- Career progression pathways, mentoring program, innovation & technology, and a flexible, diverse and international work environment.
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you an extra day off to change the world and another one for your personal/professional development.
- In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs. Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Curious about our R&D opportunities? Check out our R&D careers page here!
- Visit our LinkedIn and Youtube and follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik / @lifeatqliklund or Twitter @Qlik for more interesting insights into Qlik!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.