Team Lead - Technical Support, SAP (BW/Hana) - APAC/EMEA Shifts
Team Lead - Technical Support, SAP (BW/Hana)
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 13 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Technical Support Team
At Qlik, our support Technicians are our HEROES. That’s because our technicians do more than manage complex technical support cases they are determined, resilient, and have an unshakable positive mindset. Our team in Bangalore consists of support professionals from multiple backgrounds, who work and play closely together. We have a larger Global support team that we interact with daily, with locations in Barcelona, Lund, Sydney, Tokyo, China, Raleigh and North Carolina USA. We think you will love it here!
The Team Lead - Technical Support (SAP) Role
Teamwork is important and we are looking for someone who’s up for collaborating. A buddy will be there for you at the start, and you’ll report to the team manager.
We will support you in your onboarding and training, and we expect you to quickly take ownership of tasks. It won’t be long before you’re running your own assignments and making a real difference all by yourself. Prove yourself and you’ll find career progression will follow.
We’ll share ways of working and expect you to follow them, it’s all about keeping professional standards high and errors low while delivering the best experience and outcomes for our customers.
We operate during global hours which involves working during one of the below shifts determined as per business need and have a non-standard work week (Ex: Tue - Sat, Wed - Sun). While we have 5 days a work week, your weekly offs may fall on any day of the week depending on the shift rosters that are prepared on a quarterly basis.
- EMEA hours – 12:30 PM/1:30 PM IST onwards depending on Daylight Savings Time
- APAC hours – 5.30 AM IST onwards
Work hours are subject to change depending on Business needs.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide Leadership and technical guidance to team members.
- Own and drive the service delivery metrics and measure team's performance & success consistently.
- Be proactive in taking lead on prioritization of key tasks and projects in the team.
- Identify enablement needs for the team and create a continuous learning environment.
- Monitor and maintain support delivery quality standards for the team.
- Conduct performance evaluation and provide constructive feedback.
- Address performance issues and implement corrective actions.
- Part of the technical support team, you will provide telephone, screen sharing, and ticket/chat-based support to our customers.
- Troubleshoots customer-submitted problems by working together with our customers in a collaborative manner.
- Keeps customers updated regularly with the current state of their tickets.
- Investigate customers’ current situation and desired end state to understand our customers’ needs and problems.
- Provides world-class customer experience by as delivering satisfaction to every case for every customer.
- Interact with customers, understanding their problems and needs.
- Seeks workarounds and communicates technical solutions to the customer.
- Remain current with the Qlik and Talend product portfolio functions and features, and with related technologies in the DI ecosystem.
- Reproduces customer problems in the lab.
- Assists in translating the customer problem into suitable technical terms for the R&D Support team to work on.
- Exhaust all efforts according to the working procedures before escalating a case.
- Maintain a shared knowledge base across the team by writing technical solution articles, documenting lessons learned from support cases, and participating in weekly meetings.
- Keep-case summaries on cases for escalations and continuity.
- Maintain coherent working procedures to reflect a professional attitude and maintain efficiency.
Skills and qualifications for this role include:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent.
- 8+ years of overall working experience in support environment with at least 2+ years of Team lead experience.
- SAP Support:
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with the SAP ERP/BW system is required.
- Experience with S/4 Hana and SAP BW/4HANA is necessary.
- End-to-end SAP BI project experience required in a big and complex landscape context employing regularly updated BW on HANA technology.
- Hana Scripting is required.
- SAP Basis administration work experience is a plus.
- ABAP programming experience is a plus.
- Experience on Qlik Data Integration SAP product Endpoints is a plus.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with the SAP ERP/BW system is required.
- Other than Primary skills in SAP, 1 or more of the below areas are added advantage for this role:
- Ability to read and understand advanced level Java/ C++ (any programming language) and solid experience in reading and analyzing Java stack traces and exceptions.
- Debugging JAVA/JVM issues, Classes, Interfaces, Java Heap performance tuning and optimizing Garbage Collection. Knowledge of analyzing Heap dump and Thread dump is a plus.
- Linux: Seasoned on the command line; comfortable with built-in tools like top, iostat, lsof, and netstat.
- BigData: Solid Hadoop fundamentals, preferred hands-on CDH/CDP implementation.
- ETL: Has strong conceptual understanding of Data Warehousing and ETL, Data Governance and Security, Cloud Computing, and Batch & Real Time data processing.
- Database: You have good working knowledge of ONE or any of the following or RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Cloud: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Good to have experience in Replication technology with emphasis on CDC (Change Data Capture) & FDL (Full Data Load)
- Overview of Java 3 tier web application – Understanding of Webserver, Application Server and Database.
- Experience in analyzing system, network, and application log files and system performance metrics to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Provide support for QLIK & Talend Data Integration product portfolio.
- Must have good Troubleshooting and analytical skills, Problem Management & RCA
The location for this role is:
- Bangalore, India (Hybrid)
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and @Qlik @lifeatqliklund
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and we value the diversity of our workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, including the EEO is The Law notice and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.