SaaS Customer Success Engineer, EMEA
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 12 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Delivering Customer Success is an important focus for Qlik, and we are committed to delighting our customers at every interaction. Understanding our Customer’s needs, creating the right engagement for the right customer at the right time is key. The Customer Success Management team is a cornerstone to ensure we understand customer needs and outcomes and create and manage a set of offerings that result in highly successful and loyal customers.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
The SaaS Customer Success Engineer will work alongside Customer Success Managers to provide system architecture and development strategy advice to our most advanced customers, ensuring that implementations are timely, successful, scalable and secure according to best practices.
You will support and advise Qlik’s enterprise customers in successfully meeting their key business outcomes through implementing their data and analytics strategy on the Qlik SaaS platform. You will own the customer relationship from the technical perspective to ensure that we have both a successful implementation and ongoing customer adoption.
- Deliver and lead consultative engagements in-person and remotely for key customers
- Lead the analysis, architecture, design, and development of large-scale data integration and business intelligence solutions on Qlik’s SaaS platform
- Document and present complex architectures to customer technical teams
- Develop playbooks based on best practices that can be shared across the wider CSO
- Work closely with all Qlik internal teams to ensure successful customer deployments
- Full Hands on work analyzing customer reported issues
- Ability to travel up to 30% once COVID-19 restrictions are no longer in place
Competencies and skills:
- Experience in Windows and Cloud-based deployments (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience in data security, authentication/authorization, storage considerations and hybrid-deployments
- Experience with relational database, data warehouse, data modelling concepts
- Experience with data replication and change data capture concepts
- Experience with Oracle, DB2 (iSeries or z/OS), SQL Server or Snowflake or Google BigQuery
- Demonstrated success managing multiple, concurrent projects
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and refocus based on changing priorities
- Able to communicate effectively and patiently with both customers and employees
- Able to take ownership of projects and to show initiative
- Business level English
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in programming scripting languages such as Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud infrastructures
You will be successful if you have
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience managing internal and/or external clients in the delivery of large infrastructure solutions, including server, storage and network infrastructure planning;
- Strong client-facing consultative skills, able to act as a customer advocate;
- Understanding of Windows Server architecture –W2012, W2016 and IIS;
- Understanding of Linux Server architecture – RHEL, Oracle Linux, Amazon Linux, etc.
- Familiar with one or more server-side scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Bash)
- Familiarity with server hardware selection, design and troubleshooting;
- Understanding of High Availability and Networked Storage solutions including Clustering, Failover and Disaster Recovery products and concepts such as MS Clustering Services, Load Balancing, Routers, LUNS, SAN and NAS;
- Understanding of application layer protocols, such as HTTP/S, TCP/IP, UDP and Web sockets;
- Demonstrated abilities with SSO-related software such as ADFS, SiteMinder, OpenSSO, Auth0, Okta or other SAML & OpenID Connect providers;
- Understanding of Web application security and concepts, such as Ticketing, header injection, XSS, SSL, HTTPS, Kerberos, certificates, Active Directory, LDAP, reverse proxies and firewalls;
- Hands on experience designing and deploying complex solutions in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or other cloud providers;
You will thrive if you have
- Familiar with auto-deployment of Windows and Linux-based software;
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform and AWS CloudFormation;
- Experience with deployment and configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible;
- Knowledge of enterprise systems, CRM, SFA, and ERP (e.g. Salesforce.com, Oracle, SAP R/3);
- Experience developing automation solutions that use APIs;
- Knowledge of Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) tools.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and @Qlik
- Check us out on the muse! See employee testimonials!
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and we value the diversity of our workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, including the EEO is The Law notice and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.