Senior Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Senior US Site Reliability Engineer
The Qlik Senior Site Reliability Engineering team (SRE) is committed to ensuring that our large-scale distributed systems are scalable, monitored, automated and performing optimally, 24x7x365. We own our production environment - from the initial design phases to ensuring continuous high availability. Bring your passion to automate and join our growing team, and dig deep into performance, scalability, capacity, and reliability problems.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Working with the existing global SRE organization, this individual will be primarily responsible for setting up and configuring a self-contained US Qlik Cloud region.
- Develop and support cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and being directly involved in the software deployment process.
- Use monitoring tools to find problems and resolve and/or escalate to development
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Work with development teams to establish SLOs and strive to ensure proper incident response when error budgets are depleted.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to development teams.
- Plan and perform Operating System and software upgrades.
- Provide general assistance for Technical Support.
- Assist in the development and implementation of disaster recovery plans; and conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- 3+ years of experience deploying software into a production SaaS environment.
- Previous experience building a SaaS product using Cloud CI/CD tools like CircleCI, Concourse, ArgoCD, etc.
- Single Scoped Background Investigation (SSBI) clearance is preferred.
- Understanding of FedRAMP compliance needs are considered a plus.
- 5+ years of experience with deploying and supporting a SaaS offering.
- 1+ years of experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes clusters in a public, scalable SaaS offering.
- 1+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or 3+ years in a DevOps environment.
- 5+ years development experience (Golang / NodeJs / bash / etc.).
- 3+ years of experience with each of the following:
- Cloud Infrastructure (Amazon Web Services (AWS) / Google Cloud Platform (GCP) / Azure / etc.)
- Bug tracking (JIRA / Bugzilla / YouTrack / etc.)
- Continuous Deployment (concourse / GitHub Actions / Spinnaker / etc.)
- Source control (github / gitlab / etc.)
- Metrics & Tracing (Grafana / Prometheus / Jaeger / OpenTelemetry / OpenTracing / etc.)
- Familiar and comfortable with agile development techniques.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently on projects.
- Proactive and strong ability to learn new things with limited guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and with cross-functional technical and business teams.
- A curious attitude that is interested in knowing why things work the way they do and using that information to improve and enhance.
This role is located in the US.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Take Responsibility, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.