Software Engineer – DevOps
About the team
As DevOps developer in the Pipeline Engineering team we develop, manage, and maintain the strategic Qlik SaaS service pipeline flow. We own and automate the service release process, using build tools and Git actions that build and create, test, and deploy docker images into staging and production environments.
We also develop a platform for R&D to enable them to use a ‘production-like’ environment to test new features and fixes there.
You will be part of a critical, team focused on developing and maintaining a continuous deployment solution for development and SRE teams, using new technology and modern tools in the AWS environment, and building the next generation pipeline toward a SaaS environment. We currently have many goals to achieve, as we seek to improve efficiency for ourselves and the organization by focusing on automation and streamlining.
It is an exciting time to join the team as we are currently designing a new CD process and running POCs on new and modern tools and solutions in the AWS environment.
We believe in, and support, work-life balance by enabling work from home as well as working in the office. Each team member can play to their strengths, while at the same time being part of, learning from, and enjoying being part of a team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop solutions for continuous integration and continuous deployment for our Saas product in an AWS environment
- Develop and maintain an organization-wide ’production-like’ environment for service development and QA teams
- Collaborate with the development teams and with SRE teams to supply a stable deployment solution
Competencies and skills
The skills and qualifications required for this role are:
- Deep knowledge of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of the GitOps methodology and SaaS processes
- Experience with AWS Cloud environment
- Strong scripting skills in Bash and/or TypeScript
- General programming skills in languages like Go, Node.js or equivalent
Experience and Qualifications
Desired experience with a successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
- Developing and managing Continues Deployment processes
- Maintaining and administrating build and build infrastructure tools
- Experience with process automation and scripting
- Using and/or administering any of the following:
- Github Actions
- Support the R&D organization as an expert on our development toolset, and solve production problems efficiently and professionally
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent, and relevant working experience in the field.
If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik - Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Career progression pathways, mentoring program, innovation & technology, and a flexible, diverse and international work environment.
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you an extra day off to change the world and another one for your personal/professional development.
- In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs. Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Curious about our R&D opportunities? Check out our R&D careers page here!
- Visit our LinkedIn and Youtube and follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik / @lifeatqliklund or Twitter @Qlik for more interesting insights into Qlik!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.