Manager, Software Engineering
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Manager, Software Engineering
We are looking for a Software Development Manager, who aligns with these values and is passionate about developing great people, solving new problems, and building awesome SaaS software that delights our customers. If you have a track record of predictably delivering high quality, available, innovative, user-friendly software and are looking for a new challenge, this is a great opportunity to lead a high-profile team at one of the hottest technology companies leading the data revolution.
- Challenging and inspiring your team to deliver great software continuously following the principles of agile and DevOps development;
- Enabling the team by coaching, removing roadblocks, clarifying priorities, and working with relevant stakeholders;
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Product Designers and other stakeholders to prioritize backlogs and maintain your roadmap;
- Managing individual features through the prototyping, design, development and delivery phases – including deployment to cloud;
- Managing quality – attending to defects, production incidents, orchestrating automated testing, prioritizing technical debt and architectural spikes where appropriate;
- Understanding your team members’ strengths and providing opportunities for them to learn, and develop;
- Innovating within our software delivery process to compete vigorously with the very best software teams in the world; and
- Leading feature teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Proven track record of leading engineering teams delivering successful SaaS solutions, including requirements analysis, design, peer review, prototyping, build and release, quality processes, automation, task estimation, security, availability, redundancy, instrumentation, maintenance and support;
- Knowledge of agile continuous delivery – able to lead teams writing production ready code that is deployed continuously with fully automated testing;
- Experience with containerization and deployment on Linux using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with cloud platforms such AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform, an asset;
- Experience in a DevOps setting to deliver services at high velocity;
- Experience working successfully across geographies and cultures;
- Business Intelligence, Data Management, and related domain experience, an asset; and
- Occasional travel to other R&D offices.
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Ottawa, Canada.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin! &
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.