Lehigh County Authority is seeking a Systems Administrator to join their Allentown, PA team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for maintaining reliable, secure, and efficient data communications networks. Responsibilities also include deploying, configuring, maintaining, and monitoring all active network equipment to ensure smooth network operation of all Authority systems. If you’re passionate about technology, eager to continuously learn all things IT, and want to help drive change, this role is for you!
What you’ll do
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Fully support, configure, maintain, and upgrade Authority’s networks and in-house servers.
- Identify and understand day-to-day functions and operations, available data, required data, existing workflow, resources available and other pertinent elements and incorporate them into usable systems for Authority staff.
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and back-up.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Set-up and maintain user accounts, permissions, and passwords.
- Resolve problems reported by end users.
- Develop and support network policies and procedures.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions as part of the information technology team
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- Maintain awareness of changing market technologies and relationship to existing and future Authority needs.
- Perform related work as required.
What you need to thrive in this role
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience: Minimum 1 years’ experience in a network administrator role. Hands on experience in networking, routing, and switching. Experience with Microsoft O365 administration and support.
- Experience supporting end-users both in person and remotely.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution desired.
- Prefer prior experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2017 and 2019 and Cisco.
- Skills: Knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Ability to set-up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate and recommend appropriate action.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to perform multiple tasks and handle stressful situations.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Possession of a valid PA driver’s license
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a non-profit, municipal authority and is the primary water utility in Lehigh County. LCA provides high-quality, reliable water and wastewater services to residents, visitors, and business in the fast-growing and expanding Lehigh Valley. We offer competitive salaries, a generous benefit package and career opportunities for talented and motivated individuals seeking a rewarding career in the water sector. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
What we offer you
LCA offers competitive pay and robust benefits including:
- Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with affordable employee contributions.
- Generous paid vacation, excused absence, personal days, and holidays.
- Company provided life insurance, long-term disability, and short-term disability.
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Defined Benefit Retirement Plan and 457(Empower).
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=owsdkfwf&s=Jobvite
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position.
Lehigh County Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lehigh County Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, Veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Thank you for considering us as a potential employer!EOE, M/F/D/V.