Master Coach, EMEA
Job Role: Master Coach, EMEA
Start Date: March 2021
Who we are
We redesigned coaching for the digital age.
Ezra delivers the highest quality professional coaching to employees using industry leading app-based technology. Our world class technology enables quality coaching sessions, a seamless user journey and regular reporting like never before.
With 50+ years’ experience delivering world class coaching in 66 countries we’re best placed to drive the coaching revolution. In just over a year, we have grown to become the fastest growing virtual coaching solution globally, supporting many of the world's leading companies with high impact, 1:1 personalised coaching.
At Ezra we use innovative technology to achieve the greatest user experience, but the heart of the service is the quality and diversity of our global coaching pool.
Now, everyone can be better with a coach.
The Master Coach is responsible for developing a highly engaged, top-calibre coaching community. They are responsible for ensuring our coaches deliver strong coaching outcomes while working within the Ezra way of coaching.
The ideal candidate will have a collaborative approach and will be able to handle a wide range of responsibilities. They are excited about building a new role and function alongside their global counterparts. They love doing the work as well as contributing to the overall vision. They thrive in a global remote work setting and are completely comfortable with IT Tools and Systems.
This role will report to the Coaching Operations Director.
What You’ll Do
- The primary responsibilities of the EMEA Master Coach are to ensure consistency of coaching excellence throughout the country/regions in alignment with the global coaching strategy.
- They will develop and mentor all new Coaches hired into the Ezra practice as well as active coaches who need support and mentoring.
- The Master Coach will collaborate and work with the Ezra Recruitment team to build a strong bench of professional coaches across our EMEA markets/languages, as required.
- The Master Coach will serve as a subject matter expert supporting sales efforts in partnership with key business development stakeholders, as required.
- The Master Coach may support specific accounts helping to identify coach pools, source coaches, and provide feedback on themes and insights gathered.
- Foster teamwork and a collaborative environment within the coaching community
- At least 10 years of experience Coaching
- ICF Certification, PCC or MCC
- Track record of identifying and developing other Coaches, building capabilities
- Business proficiency in English with a second language preferred (German, French, Polish, Dutch, Italian, Spanish)
- Must be located in a major EMEA market
- Relocation is not being offered
What we offer
- Holiday: 25 days
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Your own world class coach
- Regular team social events
- Flexible working, a weekly wellbeing hour and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.