Associate Technical Product Owner - Ezra
Job Role: Associate Technical Product Owner
Location: Toronto, Canada
Start Date: July 2021
Who we are
Imagine what even the world’s finest organizations could achieve if all of their employees were coached to be their absolute best.
At Ezra, we’re on a mission to do just that. We believe through coaching; people get to know themselves. Their goals. Weaknesses. Hang-ups. And once they know all that, they can build on the good stuff and work on the rest.
This mindset applies not only to our clients but is manifested in our own Ezra family. We believe we are changing people’s lives. We believe a happy team is a productive team. We want our people to care and be proud of what they do. We also practice what we preach – every member of our teams gets to experience the superpower that is coaching for themselves, amongst some other pretty incredible perks.
Ezra is the fastest growing global virtual coaching company, supporting some of the world’s leading companies. If all of this resonates, Ezra just might be the place for you.
To aid our rapidly expanding growth and to support our growing team, we are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organized Associate Technical Project Owner/Business Analyst to drive forward the research and development of our core product. This individual will work on a dynamic, agile environment, liaising between peer Product Managers and our Engineering/Dev teams on product strategy and development. This individual will translate business needs into tangible direction for the product to continue to evolve and serve clients. This is a great opportunity for an individual to have a tremendous impact on a rapidly scaling business and product.
The ideal candidate will be capable of managing project timeline, business requirements gathering, documentation, execution, have a strong background in workflow and data analysis.
This is a fast-paced role where the ability to multi-task and effectively communicate is a must. Must ability to manage multiple concurrent projects/programs. This is a highly collaborative role, working closely with various teams to assign, schedule, review, and monitor projects to ensure progress is within expected guidelines, meets business requirements, completed on time.
- Play a key role between externally facing Product Managers and stakeholders to align priorities and direction for Engineering and Development teams
- Ensure all tickets are fully defined and ready for engineering, knowing when to escalate as appropriate
- Manage product backlogs and maintaining roadmaps for initiatives that often span teams and have many dependencies
- Gather feedback on our core product to help contribute to future improvements and/or iterations
- Be a repository of knowledge of how the product works, both on the back end as well as inside and outs of the user experience
- Provide informed feedback to team on demos, with a keen eye towards UX and incorporating client and stakeholder feedback
- Conduct post sprint validation testing and provide feedback to Engineering team as needed
- Review and monitor product and feature usage as well as performance and issues, relayed pertinent observations to key teams
- Understand how KPIs, business goals, dependencies and timelines relate to core product development and inform decisions based off of key measurements
- Experience (preferably 2 years +) working in a software development organization in a Product Manager or Business Analyst role
- Unmatched attention to detail and agility to span between big picture and finite details
- Strong ability to think abstractly while translating to concrete action
- Experience developing a world class user experience is paramount as well as the ability to translate UX needs to backend development
- A strong understanding of reporting, data products, and experience presenting and reporting key business metrics
- Preferred experience with mobile application development.
- Experience managing complicated cross-team initiatives is preferred
- Strong understanding of agile software development processes and metrics
- Expertise working with analytics, performance, and/or reporting tools
- Familiarity in writing product specifications/tickets in Jira, or similar ticket-tracking tool
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, professional and reliable
- Able to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- A love for project management – you want to know all of the A-Z details to help plan the most logical way to execute a timeline while also knowing that change happens
- A knack for process mapping even the most ambiguous ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BONUS: A curiosity about or a background in product development/coaching would be nice but is not required
- Extremely organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic and willing to get stuck in the details of your work
- A team player able to work cross functionally with both internal and external partners under minimal supervision
What we offer
- Your own world class coach
- Regular team social events
- Flexible working
- Contribution to a wellbeing app (think meditation, fitness, sleep!)
- A weekly wellbeing hour and much more!
- Competitive benefit package
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more, and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.