Global Technology Solutions Consultant
The Senior Vice President, Global Solution Lead (GSL) reports to the Practice Leader within the Global Assessment and Analytics (GAA) Practice, part of LHH’s Global Talent Development business. The mandate of the role primarily is two-fold, including: 1) to provide subject matter expertise as an active member of sales teams to scope and win engagements and 2) to have overall responsibility for all phases of the delivery of sold engagements.
This position designs and implements globally scalable solutions and collaborates closely with LHH commercial teams around the world, focusing first within LHH Zone and secondarily, across Zones. The individual in this role will provide strong assessment subject matter expertise and leverage LHH GAA and talent development solutions to help LHH win business and grow. In addition, the person will work with assessors, coaches, and other SME’s, locally and globally, on client implementations and will have expertise in analytics to ensure measurement approach and desired outcomes.
The GAA GSL will have ongoing effective communication and influence with senior stakeholders and internal clients to assess the needs, build alignment on solutions, and provide critical insights from programs. This person will work with teams in a matrix environment and ensure design and delivery is consistent with client expectations and the execution and delivery of a world-class experience.
➢ Reports to the Practice Leader, Global Assessment and Analytics
➢ This role is an individual contributor with no direct reports. It will have matrixed delivery responsibilities working with project delivery staff, assessors, project managers, technology solutions staff, and other functions and support areas that are required to deliver service to clients.
Phase of implementation
Solution Lead responsibility
• For projects over $250k or 150k Euros, acts as an active member of the sales team, leading assessment solutioning and facilitating closing deals.
• Responsible for building and managing 3mm Euro book of business.
• Through discussions with LHH business development team and, with the client team, assesses the viability of the project, our competitive advantages, and our ability to achieve margin.
• Design solutions that meet the objectives of the client.
Winning the deal
• Instils confidence in the LHH and client teams through strong assessment subject matter expertise; has a strong POV on client needs, LHH solutions and capabilities, competitive considerations and the best way to win and scale the deal.
• Designs proposed solution to respond to client request (e.g., RFP).
• Writes and/or sources content on solution and POV to be included in client-facing materials (e.g., RFP response, pitch deck, etc.).
• With the LHH commercial team, presents our solution to the client team.
• Interfaces with the client team and is often the “face of LHH” – not a behind-the-scenes resource.
• Has overall accountability for successful execution of projects and programs.
• Coordinates local and global resources needed for successful delivery.
Data gathering and analysis
• Conducts needs analysis with target audience and decision makers levels.
• Gathers, collates, and analyzes a range of data to provide needed insights to client and LHH staff.
• Finalizes design and assessment processes/programs.
• Confirms solution feasibility and margin prior to presenting to LHH and client staff.
• Leads LHH assessment, technology, coaching/facilitator, and project management teams.
• Leveraging expert LHH facilitators, coaches, and assessment professionals to ensure solution delivery.
• Creates an evaluation strategy based on needs of the client leveraging qualitative and quantitative measures
➢ Masters-level or Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Occupational Psychology, Organizational Development, Human Resources, or related field.
➢ Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in the talent assessment or leadership space working in large, complex organizations and consulting environments.
➢ Experience in talent assessment product/solutions development/management, assessment and HR technology, assessment sales, assessment consulting, assessment feedback delivery, program facilitation, coaching, production/graphics/editing, and analytics.
➢ In-depth knowledge of assessment and leadership development practices and principles.
➢ Experience in identifying opportunities to create assessment-based interventions and cross-selling into other solutions, such as leadership development and coaching.
➢ Strong consulting skills and an ability to build strong relationships internally and externally.
➢ Well-developed business acumen.
➢ Strong commercial acumen and willingness to sell in a competitive environment.
➢ Network of line executives, senior HR contacts, and external resources.
➢ Comfort working in ambiguous situations while working inside guidelines established by GAA.
➢ Experience influencing at executive and senior stakeholder level.
➢ Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
➢ Project management and coordination skills.
➢ Self-starter attitude combined with strong collaboration skills.
➢ Track record managing diverse teams developing, selling, implementing and consulting on assessment (must have) and other talent development solutions with global clients.
➢ Ability to partner with organizations or SMEs to acquire, develop, market and sell intellectual property delivered by technology with assessments/data analytics and supported by coaching.
➢ Track record developing and managing significant relationships with senior level decision makers and in advising in consulting assignments.
➢ Multi-lingual (English, plus one or more languages relevant to the Zone).
➢ Ability to travel within Zone and globally, as needed. Travel time may vary but could be 25% or more.
➢ In-depth knowledge of talent assessment technology.
➢ Results oriented
➢ Sales acumen
➢ Delivery skills
➢ Ability to think laterally / solution orientation
➢ Ability to document and use processes and best practices
➢ Ability to navigate ambiguity
➢ Excellent influencing and stakeholder engagement skills
➢ Attention to detail
➢ Numerical reasoning
➢ Verbal reasoning
➢ High level of initiative / self-motivation and drive
➢ Exceptional communication and interpersonal skill
➢ Effective team player
➢ Ability to self-direct
This would be standard across all job descriptions