VP, TLD Solution Lead
This role is critical to the growth of the Talent & Leadership Development practice. The objective is to drive revenue growth through independently driving sales, partnering with other sales drivers as a subject matter expert, and building client confidence and insight through engagement management and/or delivery of strategic projects. You will leverage your background in selling and delivering solutions related to succession & assessment, leadership coaching, leadership development programs, and/or team effectiveness. You will work with prospects and existing clients to build talent and leadership development solutions, write proposals and deliver presentations (marketing and sales).
SVP, MD Talent & Leadership Development
Identify and pursue leads with new and existing clients
Act as a subject matter expert to recommend solutions and advise clients on the best services to accomplish their objectives
Prepare effective proposals and presentations
Manage a professional network to maximize business development opportunities
Account manage a personal book of business with ongoing accounts
Build brand awareness in the market (thought leadership, speaking, conferences, networking events)
Develop industry expertise that can be shared with clients and colleagues
Strategic Delivery and Leadership
Design innovative solutions that create competitive advantage
Oversee complex client engagements, working closely with project managers, coordinators and consulting teams
Personally deliver services in strategic situations and use client delivery to identify emerging client needs and expand opportunities
Take a leadership role in building a strong sense of community and engagement among the local delivery team (staff and associates)
Collaborate with colleagues across the global practice to help support and build the community including sharing best practices, new offerings, case studies, references etc.
Required Education, Work Experience, And Overall Characteristics
- Consultative Selling: Selling Talent & Leadership Development or similar services; Analyzing changing needs; Developing a good understanding of customers’ business and human capital issues; Identifying and anticipating trends; Advising clients on best services to accomplish their objectives; Creating strong professional relationships at senior management levels such as CEO, CFO and COO.
- Business Proposals, Presentations and Communications: Developing winning proposals and compelling presentations; Exceptional verbal and written communications.
- Conceptual and Strategic Thinking: Understanding of and facility with conceptual ideas and strategic patterns in business and human capital applications; Comfortable with ambiguity; Quick study who is able to integrate leadership and business issues.
- Influence: Establishing rapport and long-term relationships with senior level executives; Identifying client needs and convincing decision makers to adopt an appropriate recommendation; Impact to achieve desired outcomes without direct organizational authority.
- Collaboration: Collaborating with diverse and cross-functional teams; Embracing the collaborative nature of the business and applying a teaming orientation to prospective client opportunities and internal community activities.
- 10+ years’ consultative sales and senior delivery experience in management consulting or human resources/talent management solutions.
- A demonstrated track record of initiating and managing large team-based sales deals to senior executives through both competitive RFP processes and consultative, sole-sourced relationship sales.
- Experience penetrating existing clients to expand the breadth and depth of the relationship into annuity sales.
- Specific project experience which includes selling/developing/delivering leadership and talent management strategies in areas such as Leadership Coaching, Custom Leadership Development, Change Management, Learning Programs, Team Effectiveness and Succession & Assessment.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree and ideally a post-graduate degree in a related field (e.g., Business/Commerce, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development/Effectiveness, Leadership).