Director, Bids & Proposals, North America
About the Team
The Opportunity Management (Large Bids & Proposals) Team is a global function that partners with sales to deliver wow moments for customers. We deliver an end-to-end bid and proposal management service that leverages global insights and best practices to support all forms of large-scale pursuits.
About the Role
As a Director of Bids & Proposals and the Team Leader for Americas, you will partner with senior sales leads across the region to provide a bid and proposal management function for large opportunities across LHH.
Day to day, the role includes resource management and qualification of opportunities as well as management and coaching of the team.
As a senior member and hands-on contributor within the overall global Team, you will also manage opportunities directly. Partnering with senior sales leads to provide challenge, insight and direction you will produce high-quality, critical sales documents such as RFP responses, proposals and presentations, ensuring the process is run smoothly and to best practices.
You will also work closely with marketing, sales enablement and SME teams in the support of wider sales support and knowledge management activities.
- Reports to: SVP Opportunity Management
- Direct reports: 4 across North America
Specifically, in this role you will:
- Team leadership of NA-based Opportunity Management including qualifying and resourcing opportunities, stakeholder management, management and coaching of the team, and ensuring standards are maintained
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders to promote best practices and understand regional needs
- Project-manage high value and often global opportunities through the discovery, proposal development, presentation and follow-up sales processes.
- Collaborates with teams in the location of the opportunity and globally
- Responsible for managing project timelines, ensuring that key milestones are met
- Outside of individual deals, the role works closely with colleagues in marketing on the development, standardization and updating of new sales messaging
- Partnering with the wider organization on special projects and transformational activities
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years’ recent experience as a professional bid manager – including direct responsibility for the bid management of opportunities, including writing, preparation of materials. We are looking for someone who is comfortable in situations where there is no RFP as well as more formal RFP style deals.
- Minimum 15 years’ overall business experience in the HR/Business Consulting, Professional Services or HR Technology sectors
- All aspect of complex bid/proposal management in a services environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent design skills, especially using PowerPoint
- Time / priority Management for managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective use of online tools such as MS Teams, SalesForce
- Analytical skills, being able to interpret data and use it effectively with impact
- Adept at distilling complex concepts into compelling visual information and sales messaging
- Stakeholder management – collaborate and influence multiple senior executives
- Ability to focus on the detail whilst not losing sight of the big picture
- Ability to ensure that standards and processes are maintained
- Resourcefulness, creativity and intuitiveness
- Ability to function well in a client focused and deadline-driven environment
- Agile and has a sense of urgency
- Able to work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with Senior Executives
- Management of Proposal or Bid Management function
- Understanding of the Coaching or Talent Development industry and solutions, as well as the business issues that drive the use of these services
- Understanding of how technology and innovation is driving change in our industry