Director, Workforce Solutions UK&I
LHH partner with people and organisations during workforce transformation to enable lasting change that accelerates performance and results. The mandate of the role is to provide practice development, thought leadershipand ownership of the intellectual property in the key areas of LHH’s expertise (i.e. assessment, leadership development, coaching, change and redeployment). This role has accountability for the profitability and growth strategy for the practice, collaborating closely with sales drivers across the UK & Ireland and in other key LHH countries.
Key responsibilities are (in no particular order):
- Acting as a subject matter expert - ownership of content, thought leadership, solution design and client advisory for LHH’s solutions
- Leading and supporting a team in a matrix management structure, with direct line management responsibility for 4-6 subject matter experts
- Management and delivery of complex or senior level projects and assignments, with associated fee earning responsibilities
- Making a significant contribution towards new and repeat business sales by attending sales meetings, supporting proposals, preparing presentation materials and making bid presentations
Being a collaborative member of the wider LHH UK&I Zone Leadership Team, playing a part in the direction of the overall success of the UK&I business.
- You will report directly to Managing Director - Workforce Solutions
- The preferred location is London (Flexible)
In this role you can expect to:
- Develops and implements strategy for the practice area aligned to overall UK & Ireland and global strategy
- Co-owns commercial targets for the practice area with sales team and entire UK & Ireland business
- Accountable for overall quality of client delivery
- Supports and guides team and colleagues to scope and deploy enhancements to LHH’s offerings in line with strategic and commercial goals
- Drives innovation
- Develops external and internal thought leadership
- Attends and presents at thought Leadership seminars, workshops and events on a regular basis
- Steers the design and implementation (in collaboration with operations and delivery teams) of solutions
- Partners with senior business and HR leaders to identify and prioritise capability needs
- Aids and teams up with the sales team on their opportunities as a ‘subject matter expert’
- Support with proposals by discussing and researching customer needs and assess internal capability to deliver to budget and timescales, in conjunction with the sales team.
- Design and delivery of presentations / pitches to clients
- Collaborates with the Project Management team to ensure smooth delivery
- Measures programme effectiveness and commercial success of programmes
- Steers on and owns support to Sales team (e.g. Sales training enablement, ad hoc Support , etc)
- Acts as a quality assurance lead or programme sponsor in key accounts/projects
- Provides team management and direction Responsible for development, performance management and engagement of direct reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required
- Ability to think laterally / high solution orientation
- Ability to navigate ambiguity
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder engagement skills
- Leadership skills
- High verbal reasoning
- High levels of initiative / self motivation and drive
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skill
- Effective team player
- Ability to self-direct
What you'll bring to LHH
- Masters’ level (or above) qualification in Human Resources, Organisational Psychology, Organisational Development or related field
- Significant background in the field of leadership and transformation ideally working in both large, complex organisations and in a consulting environment
- High level expertise and knowledge in human resource transformation practices and principles
- Demonstrable experience in identifying opportunities to create customised development interventions
- Strong consulting skills and an ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrable skill influencing at executive and senior stakeholder level
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills are necessary
- Project Management and co-ordination skills
- Self-starter attitude combined with strong collaboration skills
The world of work is changing fast.
Profound changes at profound speed.
But whereas many see change as an existential threat,
a select few see it as an opportunity to make a difference.
An opportunity to deliver lifelong employability to a generation of talent in transition.
An opportunity to develop leaders, recognizing the capabilities needed for today,
while nurturing the expertise needed for the future.
And an opportunity to look beyond what’s right for a company, to what’s right for society as a whole.
And out of the few that see these opportunities, there are even fewer placed to actually deliver them.
At Lee Hecht Harrison, we have the scale, the expertise and the insight, not only to identify these opportunities, but to realize them.
Transforming workforces though career transition, talent development and strategic advisory.
Developing future skills, flexibility and foresight, delivered with a distinctly human heart.
We’re obsessively passionate, and quantifiably effective.
Making a difference to everyone we work with and for. And delivering it on a global scale.
Because opportunities aren’t there to be observed.
They’re there to be taken.
This is LHH.
This is Opportunity, delivered.
LHH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information on our Diversity and Inclusion policy, please consult the following link: https://www.lhh.com/us/en/diversity-and-inclusion