Business Development Manager - Private Credit and Restructuring
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Business Development Manager to support our private credit and special situations investing and restructuring teams.
This person will work closely with the partners in this group and with the overall marketing department. This person will be responsible for implementing Business Development strategy, driving a range of new business and marketing initiatives, leading pitches, proposals and directory submissions, and providing strategic business development support to events, sponsorships and conferences.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Regularly identify and facilitate cross-selling opportunities for the private credit and restructuring practices across the firm, including crafting and executing a range of go-to-market strategies around these opportunities.
- Organize and drive client targeting program for supported areas, including prompting and monitoring pursuit activities, and monitoring and reporting on results..
- Identify, develop, and deliver timely and relevant topics around which to build broad thought leadership and direct client outreach campaigns, including through the practice group’s mobile app, The Hub.
- Conduct strategic research on potential clients, competitors and practice developments more broadly to identify business trends and opportunities and ensure that K&S is optimally positioned to grow market share.
- Develop value-driven content for dynamic presentations in connection with pitches and other new business opportunities, including leading on drafting and coordinating content for RFP responses.
- Craft and update marketing materials for the practice, including website content, brochures, lawyer biographies, at-a-glance documents, etc.
- Collaborate with the firm’s events and branding teams to develop and deliver the idea conception and business development strategy around events, such as networking receptions, client entertainment outings, etc., including working closely with participating lawyers and Marketing Department colleagues on invitation list development, event materials, participant tracking, on-site management and targeted follow-up activities.
- Identify and facilitate K&S participation in sponsorships, conferences, memberships and other key profile-building opportunities for the practice, office and individual lawyers in each.
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers for other K&S practice areas and industry initiatives for cross-selling and cross-practice initiatives and pitches.
- Build effective agendas for team meetings and facilitate internal communications and knowledge sharing among team members and across the firm.
- Assist with coordination of the practice marketing budget: assist with vetting big-ticket requests and analyzing marketing expenses and effectiveness thereof.
- Manage legal directory and league ranking submissions, and assist the PR team in the generation of matters and other information for awards submissions and deal notifications.
- Oversee the upkeep and compilation of experience and matter lists for the practice.
- Manage the maintenance of client and target contact lists.
Successful candidates are flexible, forward thinking, proactive, energetic and detail oriented. Candidates are able to bring finance knowledge and have the ability to work well with various stakeholders within the firm. Experience working with a team of busy partners and excellent project management skills are required, as well as the ability to demonstrate a capacity to self-start and work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment while interacting credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization. Candidates must have superior presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to be proactive in tailoring communications effectively for different groups and stakeholders. Candidates must be able to incorporate feedback into their performance. Due to the highly sensitive nature of many of our matters, candidates must be able to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
Candidates should have well-developed Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, and be proficient in contact relationship management databases, such as InterAction. Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Marketing or other related field.. Candidates should also have a strong understanding of these finance areas and have 5-8 years of experience in a business development or marketing role within a law firm or similar professional services environment.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 21 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.