Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, currently seeks a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager to join our Finance Department in Atlanta. The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will work closely with the financial analysis team and will report to the Associate Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitor, analyze, and report on key performance indicators including utilization, realization, rates, net income, and profits per partner on a regular basis, identifying and investigating trends, anomalies, and opportunities
- Develop ad hoc financial models and data analysis to answer business questions and provide leadership with insights; this may include in-depth review of accrual results to understand drivers, or cash and accrual revenue, expense, and income scenario analysis
- Act as product owner and steward of our financial planning tool, Adaptive Planning, including system design, routine assessment of models against business needs, and longer-term system improvements (like implementations of additional functionality)
- Develop reporting deliverables and presentations to communicate financial and operational performance for senior leadership
- Establish and maintain team guidelines and standards to ensure timeliness, accuracy, consistency, and scalability of reporting, planning, analysis, and delivery
- Own the planning calendar to anticipate support activities, align required resources, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Manage the daily performance of the FP&A team, including goal setting and tracking, delegation of work, review of deliverables, and managing timelines; lead, develop, and coach the team for continuous growth
Successful candidates are detail oriented, efficient and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, high volume environment. Must have a strong work ethic and a great attitude. Must have good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidates should have well-developed Microsoft Office skills, including advanced Excel proficiency, expertise in financial planning software, preferrably Workday Adaptive Planning, and demonstrate the ability to problem solve and communicate with all levels of personnel. Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business; and at least seven years of financial planning & analysis experience. A MBA or advance degree in finance or accounting is strongly preferred.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses 2,300 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.