King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, currently seeks a Technical Analyst in Washington, DC. The Technical Analyst is responsible for providing technical support to the Firm’s internal users. This person must provide technical assistance on the Firm’s software including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Interwoven Software. Additionally, this person must possess a strong understanding of the Windows operating system and be able to master software applications quickly.
This person is responsible for part of a product, all of a product, or several products depending on the nature of the product(s) and their use. They may be part of a Team or Sub-Team supporting a specific product or may, be part of a Team using the product. They should have intermediate experience and skills in the products supported and in the operating environment on which the product is implemented. They should have intermediate analytical skills and customer service skills.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as a liaison with all IT groups within the regional office.
- Coordinate the resolution of or resolve all Service Desk Tickets.
- Provide 2nd level support desktop support to end users.
- Responsible for establishing and adhering to technology operating standards.
- Work closely with other teams to provide feedback and new IT methodologies.
- Adhere to all Change Management Control processes.
- Network cabling troubleshooting from the data jack to the wiring closet.
- Wireless network connection troubleshooting.
- Deploy and troubleshoot VOIP phones.
- Imaging of desktop and laptops - Use application packaging and distribution (MECM (MS Endpoint Configuration Manager)
- Remote access troubleshooting VMware Horizon Client and BIG-IP Edge Client (VPN)Describe and report hardware problems to Technical Support.
- Assist with the inventory management of desktops, monitors, printers, scanners, mobile devices, and other peripherals.
- Perform necessary research using on-line services and other documentation.
- Participate in business continuity recovery and post-maintenance testing's.
- Contribute to the Tech Analyst Knowledge Base in Cherwell, used by all offices.
- Assist with Audio/Visual setups for the firm.
Specific Skills Required:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs. Takes ownership of issues until final resolution.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethics; upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; organized time management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five years equivalent experience.
- Supported a user population of 200+ desktops.
- Solid understanding of application packaging and distribution (MECM (MS Endpoint Configuration Manager).
- Working knowledge of VOIP.
- Strong familiarity of Document Management Systems.
- Strong technical understanding of current Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 10.
- Working knowledge of McAfee Endpoint Encryption.
- Remote Access diagnostics and support forVMware Horizon Client and BIG-IP Edge Client (VPN).
- Strong understanding of desktop and laptop computer hardware and troubleshooting.
- Interwoven and Cherwell Service Management experience preferred.
- Application packaging and distribution (MECM (MS Endpoint Configuration Manager)
- Law Firm experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of ITIL Service Management.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.