Public Relations Coordinator
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, currently seeks a Public Relations Coordinator to join our Communications team, which works with lawyers across the firm to develop and implement communications strategies and tactics to meet their business development objectives. The coordinator supports the team’s media relations, directories & awards efforts, and will work as needed with external public relations agencies. The coordinator will create copy for external and internal firm publications, curate content, disseminate information through various communications tools, and assist with other PR team projects. The coordinator should have strong editing, writing and verbal communications skills and excel at working collaboratively.
- Draft and support media pitches: create and maintain media lists for practices; distribute firm news and pitches to the press
- Collect content for and edit internal firm, practice and office newsletters containing media clips, awards and thought leadership activity
- Support lawyers’ thought leadership: Place bylined articles; draft summaries of lawyers’ bylined articles and post the final version to lawyers’ bios on the firm’s website
- Support lateral partner communications, internally and externally: Draft lateral partner press releases and all personnel emails, post to social media and support media relations efforts.
- Draft and submit award and ranking nominations
- Help research and maintain a calendar of award and ranking opportunities and track the results of the firm’s nominations;
- Draft award and accolade announcements and coordinate their posting to the firm’s website and social media accounts.
- Provide administrative support for the firm’s rankings and awards management database;
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least two years’ experience in communications, public relations or journalism
- Strong writer, with practical knowledge of AP style, who can produce materials targeted to specific audiences
- Ability to work in teams, manage stakeholders’ expectations and handle multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, resourceful, creative and entrepreneurial
- Thrives in demanding environment with ability to maintain a sense of humor and perspective
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel, media databases, LinkedIn, Twitter and website functionality
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 24 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.