Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
The Operations Accountant is responsible for the monthly reporting of one or more business divisions (Stores, Warehouses, Retread Plants, Mining Tire Group), coordinating the month-end close process, and reviewing account reconciliations prepared by others. Throughout the month they will confirm the integrity of the financial data by ensuring all point of sale information has flowed into the Vernon office. This position provides a high level of customer service to the Business and other Vernon Office teams.
P&L Statement Review:
- Review business location P&L’s.
- Review business division P&L’s.
- Distribute monthly management reports.
- Generate query and Nvision reports using PeopleSoft and BI.
- Create ad hoc management reports when required to provide more detailed information, and to further assist in decision making.
Maintain Accurate Financial Data:
- Ensure POS data agrees to TSS, KINS Vernon office and PeopleSoft.
- Ensure integrity of all journal entries (all are posted).
- Run month-end financial statements.
- Prepare account reconciliations.
- Review account reconciliations prepared by other team members.
- Maintain macros for electronic distribution.
- Prepare lead sheets for year-end audit file, as well as assisting with quarterly Board reporting requirements.
- Participate in the maintenance of the Chart of Accounts.
- Seeks opportunities to automate or streamline business processes and collaborates with other business units to improve business processes.
- Mentor junior department members on a day-to-day basis.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting, preferably in a complex environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Aptitude for learning computer applications and accounting systems quickly.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with full-feature accounting systems.
- Aptitude for adapting new technology as part of continuous process improvement.
- Hold a professional accounting designation or be nearing completion of CPA.
- Travel required at times.
- Supervisory Experience - The position does not involve formal direct reports; however the candidate will be expected to mentor and provide leadership to other team members.
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS.