Area / Zone Manager
As part of the Kal Tire Store Leadership Team, the Zone Manager is responsible for the management, growth, and success of multiple stores within a designated region.
The successful candidate will have multi-unit leadership experience with high preforming locations and teams; preference will be given to those with prior experience in the Commercial or OTR Tire industry.
This role will involve travel between multiple stores and will be primarily based out of Whitecourt, Alberta. We are open to applicants who would like to relocate from another area of Canada.
Under the guidance of the Regional Director, the Zone Manager sets the standard for service, excellence, operation management, financial performance, and leadership for all team members.
Critical to this role, is the ability to lead by positive influence, foster a collaborative and customer-centric culture, and maintain operational efficiencies across multiple B2B Commercial Tire locations in Central and Northern Alberta.
Leadership – Drives results and is responsible for performance of all stores within the zone relating to sales, culture, and safety. Participate in regional leadership meetings, providing strategic input to achieve profitable growth and industry competitive advantage. Champion a safety culture and one that reflects the Kal Tire AIMS.
Sales and Service – Monitor sales performance and growth in the Zone. Support Store Managers in creating a culture of customer service by ensuring all team members have in-depth product knowledge and training. Ensure adherence to commercial sales and service processes and practices. Evaluate and analyze customer feedback to ensure we are exceeding customer expectations. Build and maintain supplier and customer relationships on an ongoing basis.
Operations – Manage a “model store” which sets the standard of excellence in all key operating areas: Sales and Service, Operations, Financial Performance, Safety and Team Leadership. Oversee financial operations for all stores in the Zone including establishing budgets, monitoring financial performance, and achieving financial targets. Monitor stock and inventory levels across all stores in the Zone. Ensure adherence to all safety standards and environmental practices and procedures.
- Operations management experience in a multi-location environment for a minimum of 3-5 years.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and passion to develop, motivate and grow future leaders.
- Experience with managing store operations, profit and loss statements, budgets, and growth potentials.
- A genuine desire to consistently deliver customer service excellence.
- Strong analytical, planning, and decision-making skills.
- College or university diploma or degree, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Flexibility to relocate if and when required.
- Working with a Well-Established Company – Kal Tire has been in business since 1953 and currently has over 260 store locations across Canada; continued growth plans lead to career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive wages + Bonus Comprehensive medical, dental & vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Defined contribution pension plan, and a group RRSP/DPSP matching program.
- Discount on tires and mechanical services
- Company Vehicle, phone and equipment
- Positive work culture, opportunities for growth and development, and work-life balance.
Our Inclusive Culture
At Kal Tire, we're dedicated to creating a workplace where everyone feels valued, included, and empowered to succeed. We believe in the strength of diverse perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Upon shortlist, you will be contacted by a member of our recruiting team and invited to a telephone interview, successful candidates will then have the opportunity to meet and interview with members of our leadership team over MS Teams and/or in person.
Additionally, as part of our standard hiring process, prospective Team Members at the Job Offer stage will be requested to undergo a Canadian Criminal Record Check.
Kal Tire welcomes your interest in the Zone Manager opportunity. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.