EssenceMediacom | Senior CopywriterApply Now
EssenceMediacom | Senior Copywriter
EssenceMediacom is GroupM’s newest and largest agency. We are building the agency of the future by combing Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with Mediacom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
Our promise is to deliver breakthrough thinking for brands and our people. This means reinventing how brands interact with customers to take advantage of the opportunities of the new communications economy. In doing so, building a breakthrough culture and career opportunities for our people.
The role of Senior Copywriter sits in EssenceMediacom’s Creative Futures team. Creative Futures works at the intersection of data and technology, media and creative to drive relevance for brands. Not disruptive or annoying, we strive to reshape how brands connect with consumers by creating advertising that is relevant and useful to the end user. Our data-driven and insight-led approach truly delivers on the promise of 'right moment, right message’. We are the integration of content and context, and deliver 21st century creative through cultural, platform and cultural relevance.
About the role
The Senior Copywriter will be a key communicator for our clients' businesses. You will take their business problems and create solutions that not only communicate the key facts clearly and concisely but also in an unconventional and resounding way. Successful execution of this role will require a combination of creativity, strategic thinking, and exceptional writing skills.
What will make you stand out
- Partner with EssenceMediacom internal teams, across marketplace, strategy, digital and planning to write strategically sound creative copy that compels consumer change
- Recognise, work through and resolve creative differences in collaboration with each other
- Have an awareness of emerging trends in web-based, wireless technologies for online and printing techniques and emerging trends in offline marketing.
- Think conceptually and solve business problems presented by the client.
- Understand the importance of the “big idea” and how well the work reflects it within the framework of the clients’ brand.
- Understand the marketing objectives and demonstrate an ability to deliver the “message” through design.
- Ensure projects are consistently delivered above expectations for the continual growth and success of the team.
- Confidently support the development of conceptual ideas that meet briefs working
- Stays up to date with the latest industry trends and award-winning work to help inspire continual improvement of the team’s creative output.
- Navigate the creative process, including briefings, timings and budget.
- Ensure efficient ways-of-working with clients to ensure smooth delivery of campaign projects that are on time and to a high standard
More about you
- 6 years of experience writing copy for advertising/marketing agencies.
- A strong portfolio of big ideas – well written.
- Thorough understanding of one-to-one communications – on and offline
- Ability to reach various audiences, using a range of voice, style and format.
- Understanding of brand, product, digital media, and how people interact with each of them.
- A natural and intuitive researcher.
- Proven ability to manage and organize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Habitually on top of inspiring, cutting-edge technologies, cultural trends and developments.
What we can offer you
- Our ‘Strive’ flexible working policy
- Learning and Development Academy
- WPP Global Employee Discounts
- Reconnect Program (work in our offices overseas)
- Industry leading parental leave
- Birthday leave, Summer days, Culture initiatives across the year
- DE&I program
Apply now and send your CV via the link!