Director of Production
Are you passionate about video production? Do you thrive working on a live set? Are you a people person who loves leading and growing others?
If you answered yes to all these questions, keep reading!
Ramsey Solutions is looking for a Director of Production to join our crusade to bring hope to millions of people in the areas of finance, business and personal development. Our team produces 80 live events per year, six YouTube shows with over 20 million monthly views, and teaching materials for everyone in every walk of life.
What Winning Looks Like:
- Provide leadership and accountability to the Production Team of cinematographers, audio engineers, production coordinators and production assistants.
- Plan ahead and empower the Production Team to have a thorough and organized preshoot and postshoot workflow.
- Oversee production team training and growth path, with an emphasis on developing and maintaining a good working knowledge of set etiquette and best practices for production at Ramsey, ensuring video shoots are organized and the Production Team is prepared to deliver a first-class experience to everyone on set.
- Partner with the executive producer of video and creative directors to establish quality standards for video production in house, on location and in live event venues as needed.
- Support the growing video acquisition needs of our producers and 14 business units
- Maintain equipment and recommend future gear purchases and rentals to facilitate Video Team needs, with an emphasis on budget-conscious, high production value results.
- Develop a collaborative culture within the Production Team so they connect, interface and build projects with the producers and Post Team.
- Encourage feedback and facilitate partnerships across video production lanes.
- Build relationships and keep communication lines open with the broader Creative Team and leadership of the company.
Skills Needed to Win:
- Production experience directing or running a crew on location and in studio with single- and multi-camera setups, including direct to camera, interviews and high-concept
- Live event venue experience and interfacing with A/V teams in demanding live production environments, including sound reinforcement, conventional and LED lighting, and current screen technology, especially as these disciplines pertain to video and audio capture
- Live directing and/or technical directing experience in multi-camera live setting
- Conversant in technical requirements for live streaming infrastructure and signal flow
- Working knowledge of lighting and cinematography techniques, lighting design and light theory
- Some budgeting experience, especially managing crew and resources
- Experience managing shoot logistics and crewing shoots requiring additional production resources, including grip truck, jib, Steadicam, etc
- Able and willing to travel
- Good at anticipating potential roadblocks and proactively planning around them
- Flexibility and adaptability to accommodate production ebb and flow
- Great with people, especially handling conflict and achieving a value-based goal
- Experience with live event video directing
- Experience conducting a multi-camera interview
- Experience lighting a set in studio and on location
- Good communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across disciplines
- Able to give concise but thorough updates and context to stakeholders as projects develop and decisions are made
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Our leadership really communicates and listens! Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- 401(k) match on first 4%
- HSA match up to $500 a year
- World-renowned speakers on a weekly basis
- One full paid workweek of Ministry Time, so you can volunteer for your favorite charity or nonprofit
- Ongoing personal and professional development training by the best in the industry
- Core values that promote work-life balance, excellence in the ordinary, and a self-employed mentality
- Wellness reimbursement to put toward hitting the gym
- Free Costco or Sam’s Club membership
- Working with amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other’s wins and celebrate together often with on-the-clock, fun activities such as our company-wide Spelling Bee, annual Battle of the Bands, and one legendary Christmas Party
We’re on a mission to change lives—it’s a calling. Join the crusade! Apply now.
*PLEASE INCLUDE A DIRECT LINK TO EXAMPLES OF YOUR WORK TO BE CONSIDERED.