Position Title: Staff Accountant Department: Mortgage
As the proud affiliate lender of Century Communities—a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—Inspire Home Loans knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of financing A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Position Summary: Inspire Home Loans (a Century Communities, Inc. company) is searching for a Staff Accountant to join our team. The position is responsible for supporting the accounting team in a variety of professional level accounting duties inclusive of various bank and general ledger reconciliations. Must ensure that transactions comply with GAAP and company policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile assigned bank accounts daily; review for accuracy and aging exceptions
- Work closely with Escrow Officers to clear exceptions in compliance with internal controls
- Monitor and fund segregated trust account per state requirements
- Assist with business loss requests, file to file transfers and wire initiation/releases made by the branches and review for appropriate backup documentation and reasonableness
- Prepare and initiate group wires (Fee wires, Builder wires, Recording wires)
- Monitor and resolve positive pay exceptions for all accounts daily
- Review outstanding check list for trust account and resolve all checks outstanding over 60 days
- Prepare and post daily journal entries
- Reconcile and prepare statistical data
- Prepare month-end entries, accruals, and allocations
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations
- Assist with various projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with strict reporting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills required; Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Dependable and highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Highly proficient with Excel including V and X lookups and pivot tables and proficient in other Microsoft Office programs
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2+ years accounting experience; financial services industry experience preferred.