National Purchasing Coordinator
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The National Purchasing Coordinator works with our National Purchasing Team to assist all of Century’s purchasing departments across the company, ensuring timely and accurate purchasing/pricing information in our NewStar database.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The National Purchasing Coordinator will provide the following support:
- Send out Price Schedules and track signatures.
- Where necessary, cancel existing purchase orders and reload the updated costs and reissue them.
- Make contract and purchase order updates as required/requested.
- Provide miscellaneous invoice help to purchasing teams, including but not limited to coding, processing, etc.
- Review and Generate POs and Reports for new home starts
- Make updates in NewStar for any Rebate program and/or National pricing changes.
- Update Vendor swaps/changes.
- Provide analysis on option take rate and margin percentages.
- Respond to calls/emails from subcontractors regarding contracts, field concerns, etc.
- Maintain a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings.
- Maintain a personal time management system to facilitate organization and efficiency.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail-oriented
- Strong abilities working with NewStar homebuilding software
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills: Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong organization & follow up skills
Education and Experience
- High School/GED required
- Experience with residential construction concepts and practices preferred