Human Resource Coordinator
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support of the day-to-day human resources operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs HRIS data entry and electronic personnel file creation, maintenance and audits.
- Fields HR related calls from incoming auto-attendant phone system.
- Ensures all required employee identification documents and electronic personnel forms are completed and obtained from both employees and management for compliance purposes.
- Ensures all new hires, terminations, and employee time cards are finalized in HRIS system prior to corporate payroll deadlines.
- Communicates with IT regarding systems access during onboarding and offboarding process.
- Initiates candidate background check and drug screen emails.
- Coordinates new hire start date information with hiring manager and candidate.
- Updates hiring manager regularly from point of candidate offer acceptance to scheduled start date.
- Manages background check and drug screen workflow in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager.
- Creates IT ticket requests for new hire account creation and manages any requests or changes specific to new hire’s role and start date.
- Completes verification of employment requests.
- Completes unemployment claims paperwork.
- Will provide back up support to the reception desk.
- Assists Human Resources Manager with HR-related tasks and projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen organization skills, timeliness and sense of urgency.
- Understanding of confidentiality within the team and workplace.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Strong aptitude and experience working with HR systems and applicant tracking systems. Workday HRIS experience a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of related experience.
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate a base salary within the range of $21.00 - $25.00 per hour, plus annual bonus. Offer will be based on a variety of factors including relevant experience & education.