Director of Land Development
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!Century Communities in Southern CA is in search of a Director of Land Development to join the team!
The Director of Land Development is responsible for supervising all land development field activities for assigned communities from pre-construction meetings to bond release.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensure projects meet governmental requirements and individual site plans and specifications
- Monitor land development schedules on assigned communities
- Ensure completion of land development improvements for bond reductions and release
- Maintain land development budgets
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the VP of Entitlements and Land
- Coordinate the hiring and daily management of Sub contractors for land development
- Prepare land development budgets for project in entitlement process for management approval
- Coordinate preparation of Land Development budgets and projects and schedules
- Coordinate all consultant interaction and work directly with various approval agencies including City and County Planning/Engineering/Zoning/ XCEL/HOA Departments related to all entitlement processes and other issues that arise.
- Negotiate purchase price and terms
- Write LOI’s and review all contracts
- Review amended contracts
- Manage the surety process for all projects
Education / Experience:
- Four-year degree in Business or Urban Planning
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in residential construction, Single or Multi-Family Land Acquisitions
- Experience in Land Acquisitions, Planning and Development
- Knowledge of California Land Market
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and supervise activities of direct reports
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Organizational Skills
- Self- Starter
- Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to Detail